Many smartphone users routinely close tabs on their Android Phone in order to make the web browser run faster. While doing this, it is quite possible to accidentally close an important tab that you had saved for later reading.
Luckily, it is easy to reopen closed tabs on your Android Phone and you will find the steps below to open recently closed tabs, both on Google Chrome and Firefox.
Open Recently Closed Tabs on Android Phone or Tablet
The Chrome browser on Android phones and tablets has a feature called Recent tabs, which makes it easy to reopen a closed tab.
The Firefox browser on the other hand does not contain this feature but you can still try to recover a closed tab by going into your web browsing history on Firefox.
Unfortunately, if you were using Incognito mode, there is no way for you to recover the tab you just closed, because both Chrome and Firefox do not remember what you browse in Incognito mode and neither does that information show up in your History.
Tip: Chrome and Firefox both feature an undo option, which momentarily appears at the bottom of the screen after you have just closed a tab. Next time you accidentally close an important tab tap on Undo to reopen the tab.
Open Closed Tabs on Android in Chrome
Follow the steps below to open closed tabs on your Android Phone or Tablet.
1. Open Chrome browser on your Android phone or tablet
2. Next, tap on the 3 dot menu icon, located in the top right corner of your screen
3. From the list of options, tap on Recent tabs.
4. On the next screen, you will see all the tabs that you had just closed under the heading “Recently Closed”. Simply, tap on the website or Article that you wanted to reopen.
Open Closed Tabs On Android in Firefox Browser
Unlike Chrome, Firefox does not have the Recent tabs feature that is so convenient to use in Chrome browser. However, you can still go into your history to try and recover a recently closed tab.
1. Open the Firefox browser on your Android device
2. Tap on the 3 dot icon, located in the top right corner of your screen
3. Next tap on History
4. You will see a list of all the websites you have visited on your Android phone using the Firefox browser.
5. Browse through the list and try to locate the website that you had accidentally closed, if you find the website, tap on it to open it up.