You can end up missing important appointments and suffer in other ways, if Reminders are not working on your iPhone. You will find below the steps to fix this issue on iPhone.
Reminders Not Working on iPhone
In most cases, the problem of Reminders not working on iPhone is usually due to reminder alerts being muted, incorrect reminder notification settings and unexplained iCloud glitches.
In a few cases, the problem could be due to Reminders App or the System Files on your iPhone being corrupted.
1. Check Reminder App Settings
First make sure that you have selected an Alert Tone for Reminders on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Sounds and tap on Reminder Alerts.
2. On the next screen, make sure an Alert Tone has been selected for the Reminders App.
Note: If the Alert Tone is set to None, iPhone won’t be able to alert you using sound.
2. Check Notification Settings for Reminders
1. Go to Settings > Notifications > Reminders.
2. On the Reminders screen, make sure Allow Notifications option is enabled, Alert options are selected and tap on Sounds (if it shows as None).
3. On the next screen, select an Alert Sound that you would like to use for Reminders on your iPhone.
3. Install Updates
Make sure you are using the latest version of iOS and Reminders App on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
2. On the next screen, tap on Download & Install (If an Update is available).
4. Enable/Disable iCloud Access to Reminders App
Apple’s iCloud service can sometimes become glitchy, leading to Reminders not working on iPhone.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID Name.
2. On the next screen, tap on iCloud and move Reminders toggle to OFF position.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Delete from My iPhone option.
4. Wait for 5 minutes and move the Reminders toggle back to ON position.
5. Remove Reminders App Widget
Removing Reminders Widget from Home screen has helped some users to fix the problem.
1. Access Widgets screen by Swiping right on the Home screen of your iPhone.
2. On the Widgets screen, scroll down and tap on the Edit option.
3. Tap on the Red – icon next to Reminders > tap on the Remove option that appears.
4. Tap on Done to save this setting and Restart your iPhone.
6. Reinstall Reminders App
The problem might be due Reminders App being corrupted. This can be fixed by deleting Reminders App and Reinstalling it back on your device.
1. Locate Reminder App Icon on the Home screen of your iPhone.
2. Tap on Hold on the Reminder App icon and select Delete App option.
3. After deleting Reminders App, Restart your iPhone.
4. Open App Store > Search for Reminders App and Install Reminders App back on your iPhone.
7. Reset iPhone Settings
Note down the Password for your WiFi Network and follow the steps below to Reset All Settings on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset > tap on Reset All Settings option.
2. On the next screen, enter your Lock Screen Passcode.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Reset All Settings to confirm.
Note: This method Resets all the settings on your iPhone to Factory default settings, you Photos and Data won’t be deleted or impacted in any way.
8. Restore iPhone
The last option is to Erase All Content and Settings from your device and Restore iPhone using an iCloud or iTunes Backup.
You can try this option if you have a recent Backup of iPhone on computer or on iCloud and you believe that Reminders were working properly, when you made this backup.
If a Backup of iPhone is not available, you can only Restore your iPhone as a New Device, which means loss of all your Data.