You can set your iPhone to Flash its LED light, whenever a Call or Message is received on your phone. This mode of getting visual alerts can be useful in situations that require you to put your iPhone in silent mode or as an additional alert in noisy places where it may be difficult to hear your phone.
Make Your iPhone Flash Whenever A Call is Received
Follow the steps below to make your iPhone Flash its LED multiple times, whenever a Call or Message is received on your phone.
1. From the Home screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings.
2. Next, tap on General.
3. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
4. On the Accessibility screen, scroll down to a section titled “Hearing” and tap on LED Flash for Alerts option.
5. On the next screen, Enable the LED Flash for Alerts option by moving the toggle to ON position. Also, make sure that Flash on Silent option is Enabled (See image below).
After this setting, the LED on the back of your iPhone will blink three times, whenever a Call or Message is received on your phone.
You can consider using the Flash Mode for call alerts with “Flash on Silent” option enabled, in case you are expecting an important call and you are located in a setting where it is improper to have your phone ringing or vibrating.
The Flash Mode of call alert with “Flash on Silent” option disabled is useful in noisy conditions where it is difficult to hear your Phone ringing or whenever you are listening to music.
Ideally, your phone should be placed with its screen facing down, so that you can clearly see the LED next to the rear camera flashing.
Turn Off Flash Alerts On iPhone
Keeping your iPhone on LED Flash Mode can have an adverse impact on its battery life. Hence, you should consider disabling LED Flash Mode as soon as you are done with the need to use this mode of call alerts on your iPhone.
1. Tap on Settings > General.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
3. Next, scroll down and tap on LED Flash for Alerts.
4. On the next screen, Disable LED Flash for Alerts option by moving the toggle to OFF position. Also, disable Flash on Silent option.