If you are selling or giving away iPhone, you need to make sure that your Apple ID is no longer present on the device. You will find below the steps to completely remove Apple ID from iPhone or iPad.
Remove Apple ID From iPhone and iPad
As you must be aware, your Apple ID is the Email Address that you use to sign-in to Apple Services like App Store, iTunes, iCloud, Find My iPhone and others.
Hence, removing Apple ID from iPhone or iPad is required before giving away or selling your device.
Removing Apple ID from iPhone will not delete your Apple ID, it will only prevent your Apple ID from being used for Apple Services.
If you are trying to remove the Apple ID of a previous owner, you can refer to this guide: iPhone Asking Password For Previous or Unknown Apple ID
1. Remove Apple ID by Erasing iPhone
If you are selling or giving away your device, the easiest way to Remove Apple ID from iPhone is to Erase all the Data on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset
2. On the next screen, tap on Erase All Content and Settings option.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Backup Then Erase option.
This will ensure that you have the latest Backup of your device on iCloud, before it is erased.
2. Remove Apple ID Without Erasing Data
To remove Apple ID from iPhone or iPad without erasing data, you will have to unlink the device from your Apple ID and sign out of Apple ID.
1. Go to Settings > Apple ID Name > iTunes & App Store and tap on your Apple ID.
2. On the pop-up, tap on View Apple ID option.
3. On the next screen, tap on your Apple ID and you will be directed to appleid.apple.com.
4. On the next screen, enter your Apple ID and Password to sign-in.
5. If prompted, answer two security questions.
6. On the next screen, tap on the Devices tab.
7. On Devices screen, select your iPhone > tap on Remove from Account.
8. After the device is removed, tap on the Back button > scroll down and tap on Sign Out.
9. Now, go to Settings > Apple ID Name > scroll down and tap on Sign Out.
10. If Find iPhone is enabled, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password and tap on Turn OFF.
11. On the next pop-up, tap on the Sign Out option located at the top right corner of your screen.
12. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Sign Out option to completely sign-out of Apple ID on your iPhone.
The above steps should completely remove Apple ID from iPhone or iPad.