In case you want to remove an Apple ID from your iPhone or iPad, you will find below the steps to completely remove Apple ID from iPhone or iPad.
Remove Apple ID From iPhone and iPad
As you must be aware, your Apple ID is the Email Address that you use to sign-in to Apple Services like App Store, iTunes, iCloud, Find My iPhone and others.
Hence, removing Apple ID from an iPhone or iPad basically requires you to sign-out of all Apple services on your iPhone.
You need to be aware that steps provided below will not delete your Apple ID, they will only deactivate your Apple ID from Apple Services and devices.
Is It Possible to Delete Apple ID?
Unfortunately, there is no official way to delete or completely erase Apple ID from Apple servers. Once you create an Apple ID, it will always remain with Apple and you won’t be able to delete your Apple ID.
However, you can try calling Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE and see if they are able to remove Apple ID from their servers.
Another option is to Change the Email Address Associated With Your Apple ID. While this does not delete your Apple ID, it will make sure that your previous Email Address is no longer associated with your Apple ID.
Anyway, let us get started with the process of removing Apple ID from your iPhone or iPad by signing out of most popular Apple Services.
1. Switch OFF Find My iPhone
In case you had enabled Find MY iPhone, you will have to disable this service first on your iPhone or iPad by following the steps below.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID Name.
2. Next, tap on iCloud > Find My iPhone and disable Find My iPhone by moving the toggle to OFF position.
3. On the pop that appears, enter your Apple ID Password and tap on Turn OFF.
Above steps will remove Apple ID from Apple’s Find My iPhone service.
2. Sign Out of iTunes & App Store
Follow the steps below to sign-out of the iTunes & App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID Name > iTunes & App Store.
2. On the next screen, tap on your Apple ID.
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Sign Out.
3. Turn OFF iCloud Backups
In case you had setup iCloud Backups, you will need to follow the steps below to Turn OFF iCloud Backups on your iPhone.
1. Tap on Settings > your Apple ID Name > iCloud.
2. On the iCloud screen, tap on iCloud Backup.
3. On the next screen, turn OFF iCloud Backup by moving the toggle to OFF position.
4. On the pop, tap on OK to turn OFF iCloud Backups on your iPhone.
4. Sign Out of Apple ID On iPhone
Follow the steps below to sign-out of Apple ID on your iPhone
1. Tap on Settings > your Apple ID Name.
2. On the Apple ID screen, scroll down to bottom of the screen and tap on the Sign Out.
3. On the Pop-up, enter your Apple ID Password and tap on Turn OFF.
4. Now, you will be prompted to Keep a copy of your Data on iPhone?. In case you are selling or giving away your iPhone, you can choose not to keep any data on your iPhone and tap on the Sign Out option located at the top right corner of your screen.
5. Next, you will be prompted whether you want to Remove iCloud Data from the iPhone. Tap on the Sign Out option to completely sign-out of Apple ID on your iPhone.
5. Reset Your iPhone.
In case the purpose of removing Apple ID from iPhone is to sell or give away your iPhone, you need to remove all the Data from your iPhone by performing a Factory Rest on your iPhone.
Before going ahead with this step, make sure that you make a Backup of iPhone using iTunes.
To Factory Reset iPhone, tap on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
This will erase all the Data and Settings from your iPhone and Reset the iPhone to its Factory Default Settings.