If you are using an iPhone, iPad or Mac, you already have an Apple ID and do not need to create a new one. In case you do not have an Apple ID or want to create a new Apple ID, you will find below the steps to create Apple ID.
What is an Apple ID?
An Apple ID is basically your Email Address registered with Apple along with an eight-digit password.
You will be prompted to provide Apple ID and password, any time you try to login to Apple services like iCloud, iTunes, Apple Music or the App Store.
Your first chance to create an Apple ID appears right during the setup process of your New iPhone or iPad.
If you do not have an Apple ID as yet, it is likely that you decided to skip Apple ID creation during the setup process.
In case you are not sure about your Apple ID, you can go to Apple ID account page and enter your First Name, Last Name and Email Address.
How to Create Apple ID
In order to create an Apple ID you will need an active Email Address from any email service provider like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, iCloud or others.
After providing Email Address, you will be asked to setup an eight-digit password for your Apple ID. Make sure that your Apple ID Password is not the same as your Email Account Password.
If you do not have an Apple ID or want to create a New Apple ID, you can use any of the following methods to create Apple ID.
1. Create Apple ID on iPhone
If you had skipped the option to create Apple ID during the setup process of your iPhone, you can create one right now by following the steps below.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Sign in to your iPhone link.
2. On the next screen, tap on Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it link.
3. On the pop-up, tap on Create Apple ID option.
4. On the next two screen, select your Birthday and tap on Next.
5. Enter your First Name, Last Name and tap on Next.
6. On the next screen, select Use your current Email Address option.
7. Finally, enter your Email Address, enter an eight digit password, Agree to Terms and Conditions and tap on Next.
You will now get a confirmation Email from Apple. Login to your Email Account and confirm your Apple ID Email Address.
2. Create Apple ID on App Store
You can also create Apple ID by launching the App Store App on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone and tap on the Account icon.
2. On the Account screen, tap on Create New Apple ID link.
3. On the next screen, enter your Email Address, Password, Verify Password, select Country and tap on Next.
Note: Password needs to be 8 characters with at-least one lower cast and one upper case letter.
4. On the next screen, enter your First Name, Second Name, Birthday and tap on Next.
5. Similarly, follow the onscreen prompts to complete the next steps.
Once you have completed all the required steps, you will be asked to verify your Apple ID by logging into your Email Account.
You won’t be able to login to App Store, iTunes or iCloud without completing the verification process of your Apple ID.
3. Create Apple ID Using iTunes on Mac
Another way to create Apple ID is by using iTunes on your Mac.
1. Open iTunes on your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Account tab located in the top-menu bar and click on the Sign In in the drop-down menu.
3. On the iTunes pop-up, click on Create New Apple ID option.
4. On Create Apple ID screen, enter your Email Address, Password, Country/region, Agree to Terms and conditions and click on Continue.
5. On the next screen, enter your credit card and billing information and click on Continue.
6. You will now get a confirmation Email from Apple. Login to your Email Account and verify the email.
Once you verify the Email, your Apple ID will become active.
4. Create Apple ID on PC or Mac
Apple ID can also be created on your Windows PC or Mac by going to Apple ID Account Page.
1. Open any web browser on your Mac or PC and go to Apple ID account page.
2. Click on Create your Apple ID Link located at the top-right corner of your screen.
3. On the next screen, enter your Name, Birthday, Email Address and Password.
The Email Address that you provide in this step will become your Apple ID and the password will become your Apple ID Password.
On the same screen, select and answer two Security questions and click on Continue.