Turning your iPhone into a WiFi Hotspot will help you access the internet from other devices like a Laptop or a Tablet.
This is perfect solution in places where regular internet connection or a WiFi network is not available and you desperately need to access the internet from your Laptop.
Turn iPhone into WiFi Hotspot Without Jailbreak
Follow the steps below to turn your iPhone into a WiFi Hotspot.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Personal Hotspot.
2. On the next screen, enable Allow Others to Join option by moving the toggle to ON position.
This will setup a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone with a default random password.
If required, you can change the default Hotspot password by tapping on the current WiFi Password and entering a New Password on the next screen.
After typing your New Password, make sure that you tap on Done to save this password on your iPhone.
How to join Personal Hotspot on Mac
Now that a personal Hotspot is setup on your iPhone, you can follow the steps below to connect to your Mac to the Personal Hotspot.
1. Click on the WiFi Icon located at the top-right corner of your Mac and select your iPhone in the drop-down menu.
2. When prompted, enter the Password for your Personal Hotspot.
3. Click on the Join button to connect your Mac to the Personal Hotspot.
How to join Personal Hotspot on iPad
Follow the steps below to connect to your iPad to the Personal Hotspot.
1. Open Settings on your iPad and tap on WiFi.
2. On the next screen, tap on your iPhone.
3. When Prompted, enter the Password to join Personal Hotspot
Personal Hotspot Option Missing or Greyed Out on iPhone
If the Personal Hotspot option is missing or greyed out on your iPhone, it is likely that your carrier has disabled this option.
While many service providers are providing the Personal Hotspot option for free, there are still some carriers who charge a small fee to provide this option.
Hence, make a call to the customer support service of your service provider and ask them if a WiFi Hotspot option can be enabled on your device.