In case you are looking for a way to hide WhatsApp Message Preview on your smartphone, you will be happy to know that your iPhone makes it really easy to do this. Once you follow the steps below, WhatsApp Message previews will be disabled on your iPhone, instead you will see new message notifications with only the name of the contact.
WhatsApp Message Previews
WhatsApp by default displays a brief Preview of the Message on your iPhone Screen, whenever a new message is received from your WhatsApp Contact.
This default setting can be viewed as useful and user friendly, in case you like receiving message notifications with a brief preview of the Message.
However, you also need to be aware that WhatsApp Message previews on your iPhone can be viewed by others who may happen to take a look at your iPhone, either accidentally or even intentionally.
Depending on the Messages, it is quite possible for an outsider to get an idea of your business or personal activities by keeping an eye on WhatsApp Message previews, as they appear on your iPhone Screen.
Hide WhatsApp Message Preview On iPhone
Follow the steps below to hide WhatsApp Message Previews from being visible on the screen of your iPhone, whenever a new WhatsApp message is received on your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone by tapping on the WhatsApp icon.
2. Next, tap on the gear shaped WhatsApp Settings icon, located at the bottom right corner of your screen (See image below).
3. On WhatsApp Settings screen, tap on Notifications.
4. On the next screen (Notifications), scroll down to Show Preview and toggle off the option to Show WhatsApp Message Previews on your iPhone by moving the slider to OFF position (White).
These steps will completely disable WhatsApp Message previews on your iPhone without turning off WhatsApp Notifications.
You will still continue to get notifications from WhatsApp, whenever a new message is received. However, you will only see the name of your WhatsApp Contact and a preview of the message will not be available.
Turn Off WhatsApp Notifications on iPhone
In case you want to, you can even completely disable or turn of WhatsApp notifications on your iPhone by following the steps below.
1. From the home screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings.
2. Next, tap on Notifications.
3. On the next screen, scroll down till you see WhatsApp and tap on it.
4. On WhatsApp Notifications screen, Swipe Allow Notifications Option to OFF position by moving the Slider to Left (From Green to White).
This will disable or Turn OFF all incoming WhatsApp Messages on your iPhone. You may find this setting useful, in case you do not want to be bothered at all with WhatsApp Notifications on your iPhone.