If you are wondering if it is possible to use iPhone as WiFi only device (like iPad or iPod), you will find below the steps to Activate iPhone Without SIM Card.
Activate iPhone Without SIM Card
When you start setting up iPhone, it will come up with “No SIM Card” or “SIM Required” pop-up, as soon as it gets connected to your WiFi Network.
However, it is possible to Activate iPhone without SIM Card using steps as provided below.
1. Activate iPhone Without SIM Card
If you have an iPhone with iOS 11.3 or higher installed on it, you should be able to activate iPhone With NO SIM Card in it and complete the setup process by dismissing “No SIM Card” pop-up.
1. Press the Power Button to start your iPhone.
2. After displaying welcome messages in different languages, iPhone will prompt you to start the setup process (Slide to Setup).
3. On the next screens, select Language > select Country > tap on Set Up Manually option.
4. Select your WiFi Network and sign-in to WiFi Network by entering your WiFi Network Password.
5. Once iPhone is connected to WiFi Network, you will see “No SIM Card” pop-up, tap on OK to dismiss the pop-up.
6. On the next screen, tap on Continue to agree to Apple’s Data & Privacy conditions.
7. Next, setup Touch ID or tap on Setup Later > setup your Lock Screen Passcode.
8. When you reach Apps & Data screen, select Setup As New iPhone option.
9. Sign-in to iPhone using your Apple ID and Password. If you do not have an Apple ID, tap on Forgot Passcode or don’t have an Apple ID Link.
10. On the next screen, you can either Create an Apple ID or tap on Setup Later in Settings Link.
11. Tap on Agree to accept Apple’s Terms & Conditions.
12. Tap on Continue and complete the remaining setup screens.
2. Activate iPhone With No SIM Using iTunes
If you have an older version of iOS installed on your iPhone, you need to upgrade to iOS 11.3 or later version, in order to activate iPhone without SIM Card.
1. Open iTunes on your Windows computer.
2. Connect iPhone to computer using its supplied USB to Lighting Cable.
3. Once your iPhone is detected by iTunes, it should prompt you download the latest version of iOS update as available for your model of iPhone.
4. After downloading updates, you will see “Setup As New” or “Restore From Backup” options. Select, Setup As New option and tap on Continue.
5. Follow the Onscreen instructions to complete the Setup Process.
There is actually a lot that you can do with WiFi Only iPhone, take a look at our guide: How to Use iPhone Without SIM Card, and you will be pleasantly surprised.