If you do not want your Credit Card to be linked or associated with Apple ID, you will find below the steps to Remove Credit Card from Apple ID on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Remove Credit Card from Apple ID
Once Credit Card or PayPal information is provided to Apple during a purchase, it automatically gets linked to your Apple ID, which makes it easy to make purchases on the App Store.
If your Payment information changes, you can Edit or Remove the Payment information linked to your Apple ID by going to Settings on iPhone or iPad and by going to the App Store on Mac.
Note: Once your Credit Card information is removed, you won’t be able to make purchases from iTunes and App Store.
1. Remove Credit Card from Apple ID on iPhone
Follow the steps below to edit or remove your Credit Card information from iPhone or iPad.
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID > select Payment & Shipping option.
2. On the next screen, tap on your listed Payment Method.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Edit > scroll down and tap on the Delete option.
Note: You won’t be able to change or remove your Payment Information, if you have an unpaid balance or an upcoming due payment.
2. Remove Credit Card from App Store on Mac
Follow these steps, in case you want to remove payment information from iTunes on a computer.
1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
2. Click on your Name or the Sign-in button located at bottom left corner.
3. If prompted, sign-in to App Store using your Apple ID and Passcode.
4. Once you are Signed-in, click on your Profile Icon (bottom-left) and select View Information option.
5. On Account Information screen, click on Manage Payments option listed in Apple ID Summary section.
6. On the next screen, click on the Edit option listed next to your Payment Method and then click on Remove.
This should remove your Credit Card Information from your Apple ID.