Having your Credit card information on iPhone allows you to make purchases on iTunes, App Store and Apple Pay. However, in case you want to remove your Credit Card information from iPhone, you can follow the steps as provided below.
Remove Credit Card Information From iPhone
In general, Credit Card information is likely to be available in one of these following places on your iPhone.
Apple ID: Having your Credit Card information linked to Apple ID allows you to buy Apps, Books, Movies and Music. Hence, this is the most common place on your iPhone where your credit card information is available.
Apple Pay: This is another place where you may have provided your credit card information, in order to make payments using your iPhone.
Safari Browser: The Safari browser on your iPhone might be storing your credit card details, in case you had unknowingly allowed Safari to automatically fill your personal data to fill web forms.
Now that you know about the locations where your credit card information might be stored, you can take a look at the actual steps to remove Credit Information from your iPhone.
Remove Credit Card Information From Apple ID
Follow the steps below to remove Credit Card Information linked to your Apple ID.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Next, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page and tap on your Apple ID button (See image below).
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on View Apple ID option.
4. You may be requested to sign-in using your Apple ID Password.
5. On the next screen, tap on Payment Information (See image below).
6. On the next screen, tap on None to remove your Payment Information. Once you tap on None, all your existing credit card information will be removed from your Apple ID.
You can confirm this by tapping on your Payment Type option (Visa, MasterCard, etc). You will see “Required” in Card Number and Security Code fields, instead of your Payment Info (See image below).
7. Once you have confirmed that your Credit Card Information has been removed, tap on None again and then tap on the Done button located at the top right corner of your screen, to save your settings.
With these steps, you have removed all your credit card information that was associated with your Apple ID.
Remove Credit Card Information From Apple Pay
In case you had setup Apple Pay, you can follow the steps below to remove your credit card information from Apple Pay.
1. From the Home Screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings.
2. On the settings screen, scroll down and tap on Wallet & Apple Pay.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Credit Card that you want to remove from Apple Pay.
4. Next, scroll down and tap on the Remove Card option (See image below).
5. Next, you will see a pop-up, tap on Remove to confirm that you do want to delete your Credit Card information from Apple Pay.
With these steps, you have successfully removed your credit card information from Apple Pay.
Remove Credit Card Info from Safari
As mentioned above, the Safari browser on your iPhone may also be storing your Credit Card information. Hence, follow the steps below to see if your Credit Card information is available on Safari browser and remove credit card information from Safari browser
1. Tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Safari.
3. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on the AutoFill option, located under the “General” section.
4. On the AutoFill screen, uncheck the options for Credit Cards and also Names and Passwords, to prevent the Safari browser from saving your Passwords and Credit Card Information (See image below).
5. While you are still on the same screen, tap on Saved Credit Cards option (See image below).
6. You may be asked to enter your Apple ID Password or authenticate with Touch ID.
7. On the Credit Cards screen, tap on the Credit Card that you want to remove from Safari browser (See image below).
8. On the next screen, tap on the Edit button located at the top right corner of your screen.
9. Next, tap on the Delete Credit Card option that will appear at the bottom of your screen (See image below).
10. You will see a pop-up, tap on Delete to Confirm that you do want to remove your credit card information from Safari browser.
After following these steps, you have successfully removed your Credit Card information from all possible locations on your iPhone.