While creating an Apple ID for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your Credit card details. However, if you are only looking to download free Apps, books and songs from iTunes, it is possible to create Apple ID without Credit Card.
Create Apple ID Without Credit Card
Creating an Apple ID allows you to access Apple’s rich ecosystem, comprising of tons of Apps, Music, Movies, Videos, Podcasts and Books.
Naturally, Apple expects that users would be interested in linking their Credit Card or some other form of payment with their Apple ID.
However, there are also Users who do not use Credit Cards or do not want to link their Credit Card with their Apple ID. For such users, there is a workaround that allows creation of Apple ID without having to provide credit card details.
Create Apple ID Without Credit Card on iPhone
Follow the steps below to Create Apple ID without Credit Card on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Once you are in the App Store, find any Free App, Game, Ringtone or Wallpaper and tap on the Get button located next to the Free item.
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Create New Apple ID option.
4. On the next screen, provide your email address, password, choose the Country in which you want to use your Apple ID and tap on Next.
5. Similarly, follow the next set of instructions, until you reach the Billing Information page. On this page tap on the None option.
Once you have completed all the required steps, you will be asked to verify your Apple ID by email. You must verify your Apple ID before you can begin using it.
Note: If the “None” payment option is not available, you can take a look at this guide: How to Enable Missing None Option On Apple ID Payment Information Screen
Create Apple ID Without Credit Card on Mac or PC
In case you want to Create Apple ID without Credit Card on your computer, you will first need to download iTunes to your computer.
In case of Mac, iTunes should be readily available, while in case of PC you will need to download and install iTunes on your computer, before following these steps.
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. Once you are in iTunes, click on the Store option located in the top menu bar (in case you are not already in the Store secrion).
3. Next, search for any Free App, Song, Ringtone or anything that does not have a price against its name and try to download it to your computer by clicking on Get.
Tip: You can search for free items by typing Free in the search bar.
4. Once you try to download a Free item, you will be prompted to sign-in with your Apple ID. Click on Create Apple ID button.
5. On the next screen, provide your email address, password, choose the Country in which you want to use your Apple ID and click on the Continue button.
6. Similarly, follow the next set of instructions, until you reach the Payment Information page. On this page, click on the None option as your Payment type.
Once you have completed all the required information, you will be requested to verify your Apple ID by email. You must verify your Apple ID before you can begin to use it.