Is your iPhone littered with multiple Duplicte Contacts? You will find below the steps to remove Duplicate Contacts from iPhone.
Duplicate Contacts on iPhone
A common reason for Duplicate Contacts on iPhone is due to Apps like Facebook, Gmail and Outlook syncing or importing the same Contacts over and over again.
If you only have a few Contacts, you can scan through your short list of Contacts and manually delete Duplicate Contacts from your device.
If your Contacts list is long and littered with multiple Duplicate Contacts, you can make use of Apps like ‘Simpler Contacts’ and many others that can remove Duplicate Contacts from iPhone.
1. Manually Remove Duplicate Contacts On iPhone Manually
As mentioned above, it is easy to remove duplicate Contacts manually, if your Contacts List is short or if you only have few duplicate Contacts to remove.
1. Open Contacts App > tap on the Duplicate Contact that you want to remove.
2. On the next screen, tap on the Edit option, located at the top right corner of your screen.
3. On the same screen, scroll down to bottom and tap on Delete Contact.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Delete Contact to remove the duplicate contact from your device.
2. Remove Duplicate Contacts Using Simpler Contacts app
If you have long list of Contacts, you can make use of Apps like Simpler Contacts to remove Duplicate Contacts from iPhone.
1. Open App Store on your iPhone and Download Simpler Contacts App.
2. Once the App is downloaded, open Simpler Contacts App and follow the onscreen instructions, until you reach Duplicate Contacts screen, indicating the number of Duplicate Contacts found on your iPhone.
3. Tap on Show Duplicates button to remove Duplicate Contacts from your device.
4. On the next screen, tap on Merge to remove duplicate Contacts from your device.
5. Next, you will be prompted to sign-up by using your Email Address, Facebook or Google ID.
6. Once you are signed up, you will see a popup, tap on Merge to start the process of Merging your Contacts.
7. Once the process of Merging is complete, tap on the Done option on Merge Completed Screen.
Now when you head back to the Contacts app you will notice that all Duplicate Contacts have been removed.
Merge More than 10 Contacts
In its Free version, Simpler Contacts App is limited to 10 merges. One way of bypassing this restriction is delete Simpler Contacts App and reinstall it back on your iPhone.
When the App asks you to sign up, you can use a different Account (Email, Facebook, etc) to get 10 more free merges.
Alternatively, you can make use of other apps like Smart Merge or Cleaner Pro to remove duplicate Contacts from iPhone.