The Safari browser on Mac provides the option to Set any website as Homepage and the option to Add Shortcuts to Home Screen on iPhone.
Change or Set Safari Homepage on Mac
Depending on the settings, you may find the Safari browser on your MacBook opening a blank page or landing on the default Safari Home.
However, the macOS Safari browser also provides the option to set any website as the Home Page and this can be used to make Safari always land on your favorite or most frequently accessed website, whenever it is opened.
In the case of iPhone, Safari browser does not provide the option to Set Homepage, but it provides the option to add websites to the Home screen of your device.
1. Set Any Website As Safari Homepage on Mac
You can make the Safari browser on MacBook always land on your favorite or most frequently visited website, instead of opening a blank page or landing on the default Safari Homepage.
1. Open the Safari Browser on your Mac and visit the website that you want to set as Safari Home Page on your Mac.
2. Once you land on the website, click on the Safari tab in top-menu bar and select Preferences in the drop-down menu.
3. On Safari Preferences screen, switch to General tab and click on Set to Current Page button or enter URL of the website that you want to designate as the Homepage in Safari Browser.
important: Make sure that you set New windows open with option is set to Homepage.
2. Add Shortcut to Home Screen on iPhone Using Safari Browser
As mentioned above, the Safari browser on iPhone does not provide the option to Set or Change Homepage, but provides the option to Add Shortcuts to Home Screen.
1. Open the Safari App on iPhone and visit the website that you want to set as Homepage in Safari browser on iPhone.
2. Once you are on the website, tap on the Share button located in bottom menu to open Safari sharing menu.
3. On the sharing menu, select Add to Home Screen option.
4. On the next screen, tap on the Add option, located at top-right corner.
This will add a Shortcut to the website on the Home Screen of your iPhone, which allows you to vist your favorite or most frequently accessed website by tapping on the shortcut.