Your kids, or just about anyone in your house can end up accidentally deleting Applications or Programs from your Mac. In this article, we will be showing you how to Restore Deleted Applications on your Mac.
Restore Deleted Applications or Programs on Mac
In case you ended up accidentally deleting an Application or Program on your Mac, you might be worried that you will have to go through the process of finding the deleted Application and installing it back again.
Luckily, it is really easy to Restore Deleted Applications or Programs on your Mac and you will find below two methods to restore deleted Applications on your Mac.
Restore Deleted Applications on Mac From Trash Bin
Right after you have deleted an application or program, the very first step would be to check the Trash bin on your Mac and see if you can find the deleted Application there.
1. Click on the Trash icon, located at the right corner of the Dock on your Mac (See image below)
2. Next locate the Program or application that you had just deleted, you can even search for the program by using the search bar.
3. If you find the Program, right click on the Program and then click on Put Back option in the drop-down menu (See image below)
4. Next, you will be prompted to enter your Admin Username and Password in case you are not already signed into your Admin Account.
5. Enter your Admin Username and Password and then click on Ok to restore the deleted Application or the Program back on your Mac.
If you cannot find the Application or the Program in the Trash can, it is most likely that you had emptied the Trash Can or it got emptied automatically. This means that the Program/Application has been Permanently deleted from your Mac.
In such a case, you will have to go to the App Store to find the deleted program and recover it back on your Mac. However, you won’t be able to recover the Program in case you did not originally download the program from the App Store.
In such a case you will have to go to the third party source from where you originally downloaded the program and see if you are allowed to download and reinstall the program back on your Mac.
Restore Deleted Applications on Mac From App Store
Follow the steps below to Restore Deleted Application on Mac from the App Store.
1. Open the App Store on your Mac
2. Next click on the Purchased tab, located in the top Menu-bar (See image below)
3. On the Purchased screen, you will be able to see a list of all the Applications that you have downloaded to your Mac from the App Store.
4. From the list of Applications, locate the Application that you had accidentally deleted on your Mac and then click on the Install button located next to the Application (See image below).
5. Next, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID password in order to reinstall the application back onto your Mac.