We rely on our phones for everything these days like taking pictures, online shopping, paying bills and checking bank accounts. Our phones contain a lot of personal information that can be lost and become accessible to others in case we happen to lose our phone.
This article will help you Track and Find Your Lost Android Phone, so that you can quickly recover your phone and prevent its misuse by others.
Ways to Track and Find Lost Android Phone
Given below are six possible ways that you can use to track and find your Android Phone.
1. Call Your Phone
This is the simplest one that you should try before trying other methods. Simply use any other phone to call your phone number.
Chances are that you may have misplaced your phone somewhere in your house or at a friend’s house. By calling the phone you should be able to hear it ringing or vibrating, somewhere in your house.
2. Use Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager is a great app made by Google. You can ring, locate and wipe the memory of your phone with it. Here’s how to use it.
- Visit this link: Android Device Manger
- Sign into the Google account that you use on your device.
- Wait for Google to Locate your Device.
- First Ring Your Device, it could be at a friend’s house or in your own house.
- Reset Your Password or create one if you didn’t have one.
- Lastly wipe the memory on your device if you have really important information on it, to prevent its misuse.
3. Use Plan B App
If Android Device Manager does not work on your device then use then you can use another app called Plan B. Follow the steps below to locate your phone using this app.
- Go to Google Play Store
- Log into the Google account associated with your missing device
- Search for ‘Plan B’ and install it to your missing device
- If your lost phone has network connectivity, a locate result will be emailed directly to your Google account.
4. Use a Safety App to Find Your Lost Android Phone
This method works in case you had already installed any safety app on your phone. Apps like Where’s my Droid, Android Lost, or Find my Phone are really helpful in tracking a lost Android Phone.
Follow the steps below in case you had installed any safety apps on your lost Android Phone.
- Visit the website of the safety app from your computer.
- Sign in to your Account.
- After signing in you will have the options to Ring your phone, Wipe the memory and Locate your Phone.
- First you can try ‘Ring Your Phone, chances are it is hidden somewhere in your house.
- Use the option ‘Wipe Memory’ in case your phone is not in your home and you want to ensure that any sensitive data on your phone is not misused.
- The Option ‘Locate Your Device’ will help you locate the last location from where your phone was connected to the cellular network.
- After locating your device don’t go out by yourself to the location, instead call the police and tell them about the location of your missing phone.
5. Inform Your Service Provider
Inform your service provider that your phone has been misplaced or stolen. Your service provider can disable the service on your device, ensuring that it is not misused and that you are not charged for calls that you did not make.
6. File a Report to the Police
If you have wiped all your data but still cannot find your device then file a report to the police.
Police report must also be filed in case you have located your device at a location that is unknown to you. Do not take the risk of going to an unknown location all by yourself or with your friends.
Filing a report also ensures that you are not held responsible in case your phone is misused in some way.