If you need to Turn OFF Find My iPhone service, you can do it right on your device and also use your PC or Mac to temporarily Turn OFF this service.
Turn OFF Find My iPhone
Apple’s Find My iPhone service can help locate your lost or stolen iPhone and it can also be used to remotely wipe the data on your lost device.
However, you need to Turn OFF Find My iPhone service if you are looking to Factory Reset iPhone, Restore iPhone using iTunes or want to sell or give away your iPhone.
In order to disable Find My iPhone, you need to know the Apple ID and Password that was used to setup this service.
There is really no way to Turn OFF Find My iPhone, without knowing the Apple ID and password that was used to setup this service.
1. Turn Off Find My iPhone on iPhone or iPad
Follow the steps below to switch OFF Find my iPhone service right from your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID.
2. On the Apple ID Screen, scroll down and tap on Find My.
3. On Find My screen, tap on Find My iPhone.
4. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Find My iPhone to OFF position.
5. On the confirmation pop-up, enter your Apple ID Password and tap on Turn OFF.
Within a few seconds, Find My iPhone service will be turned OFF and the location of your iPhone will no longer be tracked.
2. Remove iPhone from ‘Find My’ Service Using PC or Mac
1. Completely Switch OFF your iPhone, so that it is offline and not connected to the internet.
2. Visit iCloud.com on your PC or Mac and sign-in to your iCloud Account.
3. Once you are in iCloud, click on Find iPhone icon.
4. If prompted, enter your Apple ID Password.
5. Once you are in Find iPhone, click on All Devices and then click on your iPhone.
6. Next, click on Your iPhone and then click on the X button next to your device.
This will remove your iPhone from Apple’s Find My iPhone service.
However, this method is temporary and will remain in effect only as long as your iPhone remains disconnected from the internet.
Once your iPhone becomes online, Apple’s Find My service will once begin tracking the location of your iPhone.
Hence, the only way to completely Turn OFF Find My iPhone service is to do it on the device itself.
3. Turn OFF Find My iPhone Without Apple ID or Password
As mentioned above, there is really no way to Turn OFF Find My iPhone, without knowing the Apple ID that was used to setup Find My iPhone service.
Even if it is your own iPhone, you won’t be able to Turn OFF Find My iPhone without knowing the Apple ID and the Password that was used to setup Find My iPhone service on your device.
If you bought a used iPhone, you need to ask the previous owner to disable Find My iPhone by entering Apple ID and Password associated with Find My iPhone service on the device.