As you must have noticed, your Android Phone keeps notifying you about public WiFi Networks whenever it comes across one. You will find below the steps to turn OFF these annoying public WiFi notifications on your Android Phone.
Turn OFF Public WiFi Notifications on Android Phone
The ability to spot and notify about the availability of Public WiFi Networks is an in-built feature in Android Devices.
This can be a really useful feature in case you are among those who try to Reduce Cellular Data Usage on their Android Phones or among those rare ones who completely relay on WiFi and use Android Phone without SIM Card.
However, this feature can be really annoying when you are not really looking to connect to a WiFi network and still your Android phone is frequently bothering you with Public WiFi notifications.
Steps to Turn OFF WiFi Notifications on Android Phone
Follow the steps below to Turn OFF WiFi Notifications on your Android Phone.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android Phone.
2. On the settings Screen, tap on WiFi (See image below).
3. On the WiFi Screen, tap on the More option (or 3 dots icon) located at the top right corner of your screen, in order to access a drop-down menu.
4. From the Drop-down Menu, tap on the Advanced option.
5. On the next screen, disable the option for Network Notification by moving the toggle to OFF position.
From now on, your Android Phone will no longer bother you with notifications, every time you find an open or public WiFi network.
This means that you will need to check for WiFi networks manually on your Android Phone, in case you do come across the need to connect to an open WiFi Network on your Android Phone.