Many users download applications that they rarely use and these apps just sit on the device taking up storage space and slowing it down. Hence, it is important that you uninstall apps on Kindle Fire, in order to declutter your device and free up storage space.
Uninstall Apps on Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire is basically an Android device and the methods to Uninstall Apps on Kindle Fire are similar to other Android Phones and tablets.
Depending on your requirements, you can use any of the methods as listed below to Uninstall Apps on Kindle Fire.
1. Uninstall Apps on Kindle Fire From Home Screen
The easiest way to uninstall Apps on Kindle Fire is to do it right on the home screen of your device.
1. From the home screen, tap on the Apps Tab.
2. On the Apps screen, tap and hold on the app that you would like to uninstall and then tap on the Remove from Device option
That’s it, the application will be removed from your device.
2. Uninstall Apps on Kindle Fire Using Settings
Another way of uninstalling apps on Kindle Fire tablet is do it from the Settings screen on your device.
1. Open the Settings app on your Kindle Fire and tap on Apps & Games > Manage All Applications
2. On the Manage All Applications screen, tap on the Downloaded tab and then tap on the app that you want to uninstall
3. Next, tap on the Uninstall button to remove the app from your device
3. Uninstall Stock Amazon Apps on Kindle Fire
While you can Uninstall regular Apps on Kindle Fire using Settings or the Home screen interface, both these methods do not work for uninstalling stock Amazon apps.
In fact, it is not at all possible to uninstall stock Amazon apps without rooting your Kindle Fire.
However, since most users do not want to root their devices, we are providing below the steps to hide Stock Amazon apps by moving them to a designated folder.
While this method does not help free up storage space, it allows you to declutter the Home screen of your Kindle Fire device.
1. Tap and hold on any stock Amazon app until the app’s icon gets bigger
2. Once the app’s icon gets bigger, place the app icon over another app to create a folder
3. Once the folder is created, you will be prompted to name the folder. Enter a name for the Folder.