If you shop at Walmart, you might be interested in knowing about whether or not Walmart Accepts Apple Pay? and how to pay for your purchases at Walmart using Apple Pay?.
Can I Use Apple Pay at Walmart?
If you are planning to go to Walmart, the first question on your mind would be to find out about Walmart’s policy on Apple Pay – Does Walmart accept Apple Pay? or Can I use Apple Pay at Walmart?
The direct answer to this question is that Walmart does not accept Apple Pay and you won’t be able to pay for your purchases at any self-checkout or assisted counter in Walmart using Apple Pay on iPhone or by using the physical Apple Pay Card.
However, if you live in Canada, the good news is that Walmart does accept Apple Pay in Canada. In-fact, Walmart Canada has been accepting Apple Pay since 2020 and you can see the evidence @ (Basic Apple Guy).
Will Walmart Accept Apple Pay in Future?
Costco, which is one of the biggest competitors of Walmart has started accepting Apple Pay and you can now pay for all your in-store purchases at Costco and Costco Gas Stores in United States using Apple Pay.
This has raised hopes of Walmart customers about the possibility of Walmart following suit and accepting Apple Pay in future.
However, according to Walmart it is committed to its own mobile payment system (Walmart Pay) and has no plans of accepting Apple Pay in future.
Walmart Pay is the exclusive form of mobile payment accepted at Walmart and we have no plans for that to change – Erin Hulliberger to MacRumors.
Is There a Way to Use Apple Pay at Walmart?
Users have reported about being able to pay for purchases at Walmart by adding Apple Pay as a form of payment to the Wallet in Walmart App.
1. Open the Walmart App on your iPhone.
2. Sign-in to Walmart or create an Account (if you do not have an account).
3. Once you are signed-in, switch to the Account tab and tap on Wallet.
4. On the next screen, tap on Credit/Debit Card.
5. On the next screen, add your Apple Card number and other details as required.
If you are able to add Apple Pay to Walmart App, you should be able to use Apple Pay at Walmart, indirectly via the Walmart App.
How to Pay for Purchases at Walmart Using Apple Pay
Once Apple Pay is added and available as a form of payment in Walmart App, you should be able to pay for your purchases at any Walmart kiosk using Apple Pay via the Walmart App.
1. Scan your purchases at Walmart using self-checkout. Once all items are scanned, select the Pay option on the screen as usual.
2. After the Payment screen appears, open Walmart App on your phone and select Walmart Pay Card.
3. The App will open a QR Code Scanner. Scan the QR Code displayed on the self-checkout screen and this will take you to payment methods.
4. Select the payment method that you want to use (in this case it will be Apple Pay)
If you are checking out with a cashier, tell them that you want to use Walmart Pay and they should be directing you to the QR code. Use the QR code scanner in the Walmart app and complete the purchase.