In case you are looking for a way to Read WhatsApp Messages without letting the sender know whether or not you have read the message, you will find below four different methods to Read WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or Notifying the sender.
Read WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or Notifying Sender
As you must have observed, whenever WhatsApp messages are opened a blue tick mark appears beside the message, indicating to the sender that the message has been seen or read by the receiver.
This setup is useful in most cases, as it allows the senders to confirm that their messages are being read.
However, sometimes you may have your own reasons for not wanting a particular person to know that you have read his/her message. In such cases, you can actually read WhatsApp messages without opening or notifying the sender by using any of the following methods.
- Turn on Airplane Mode and Read Messages
- Disable Read Receipts and Read Messages
- Use “Unseen App”
- Use “Blue tick, last seen hider App”
1. Turn on Airplane Mode and Read Messages
One way to Read WhatsApp Messages Without Opening the App and sending Read Receipts is to put your phone in Airplane Mode and then read the messages.
1. As soon as you get the WhatsApp message, open Settings on your Phone and turn on Airplane Mode.
2. After Enabling Airplane Mode, open WhatsApp on your Phone and you will be able to read the WhatsApp Message without generating those Blue Tick Marks.
3. After reading the Message, close WhatsApp while Airplane Mode is still turned ON.
4. After closing WhatsApp, you can disable Airplane Mode on your Phone.
However, make sure that you do not open WhatsApp on your Phone, until you are actually ready to reply to the message. Opening WhatsApp will make two blue ticks appear beside the message that you just read offline.
While this method is really simple to use, it prevents you from using WhatsApp until you are ready to reply to the message or convey to your Contact that you have read his/her message.
As soon as you open WhatsApp, those 2 blue ticks will appear beside the message indicating to the sender that the message has been read.
2. Disable Read Receipts in WhatsApp
The second method of reading WhatsApp Messages without notifying the sender is to first disable read receipts in your WhatsApp Account and then read the messages.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap on the 3 dot-icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
2. From the drop-down menu that appears, tap on Settings.
3. Next, tap on Account > Privacy.
4. On the Privacy screen, scroll down and uncheck the option for Read Receipts
After disabling Read Recipts, open the WhatsApp Message that you want to read. Since, read recipts are already disabled in your WhatsApp, the sender won’t be able to see whether or not you have read the message.
The disadvantage of this method is that you won’t be able to get read recipts from others, as long as read recipts are disabled in your WhatsApp Account.
3. Use “Unseen App”
In case you are not happy with the limitations of the 2 methods as discussed above, you can make use of an App called “Unseen” to view WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or Notifying the sender.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet and download the Unseen app.
2. Once the App is downloaded, open the Unseen app on your Android Phone.
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Ok to provide Notification Access to Unseen App (See image below)
4. On the Notification access screen, provide Unseen App with access to Notifications on your Android Phone by moving the toggle next to Unseen to ON position (See image below).
5. On the next pop-up that appears, tap on the Allow option.
From now on any new WhatsApp Message that you receive from your Contacts will show up in the Unseen App. This will allow you to read all your WhatsApp Messages without generating those blue tick marks, although the Message has been read within Unseen App.
4. Use “Blue tick, last seen hider App”
There is another App known as “Blue tick, last seen hider” that allows you to View WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or generating those Blue Check Marks, next to the read messages.
1. Open Google Play Store and download Blue Tick, Last Seen Hider App on your Android Phone or Tablet
2. Once the App is downloaded, open the Blue tick, last seen hider app on your Android Phone.
3. On the Pop-up that appears, tap on Got It
4. On the next pop-up, tap on Let’s do it button and this will take you to the Notification Access screen on your Android device.
5. On the Notification Access screen, provide the App with Access to Notifications on your Android Device by moving the toggle next to Blue Incognito Chat Reader to ON position (See image below).
6. On the pop-up that appears, tap on the Allow option.
After this all your WhatsApp Messages will be appearing within the App and you will be able to read them without generating those blue tick marks.
Also, you will be able to reply to WhatsApp Messages from within the App (Without opening WhatsApp) – However, replying to the Message makes blue ticks appear.