In case you are looking for a way to view WhatsApp Messages without letting the sender know whether or not you have seen the message, you will find below four different methods to View WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or Notifying the sender.
View WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or Notifying Sender
As you must have observed, whenever WhatsApp messages are opened a blue tick mark appears beside the message, indicating to the sender that the message has been seen or read by the receiver.
This setup is useful in most cases, as it allows the senders to confirm that their message has been read by the receiver.
However, sometimes you may have your own reasons for not wanting the sender to know that you have seen or read the message. In such cases, most users refrain from opening the message.
In this article, we are providing you with four different methods to actually View WhatsApp Messages without generating those blue tick marks. This means that you will be able to read messages without letting the sender know that you have viewed the message.
Turn on Airplane Mode and View Messages (Method#1)
One way to View WhatsApp Messages Without Opening is to make use of Airplane Mode feature on your Phone.
1. As soon as you get the WhatsApp message, open Settings on your Phone and turn on Airplane Mode.
2. After Enabling Airplane Mode, open WhatsApp on your Phone and you will be able to read the WhatsApp Message without generating those Blue Tick Marks.
3. After reading the Message, close WhatsApp while Airplane Mode is still turned ON.
4. Now, you can disable Airplane Mode on your Phone. However, make sure that you do not open WhatsApp on your Phone, until you are actually ready to reply to the message, as opening WhatsApp will make two blue ticks appear beside the message.
While this method is really simple to use, it prevents you from using WhatsApp until you are ready to reply to the message or convey to your Contact that you have read his/her message.
As soon as you open WhatsApp, those 2 blue ticks will appear beside the message indicating to the sender that the message has been read.
Disable Read Receipts (Method#2)
WhatsApp itself provides a way for its users to view WhatsApp messages in secrecy by disabling read receipts.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Phone.
2. Once you are in WhatsApp, tap on the 3 dot-icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
3. From the drop-down menu that appears, tap on the Settings option.
4. On the Settings screen, tap on Account
5. On the Account Screen, tap on Privacy
6. On the Privacy screen, scroll down and uncheck the option for Read Receipts
While this method effectively prevents others from seeing whether or not you have read their WhatsApp Messages, it also prevents you from knowing whether or not your messages have been read by others.
Use “Unseen App” (Method#3)
In case you are not happy with the limitations of the 2 methods as discussed above, you can make use of an App called “Unseen” to view WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or Notifying the sender.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet and download the Unseen app.
2. Once the App is downloaded, open the Unseen app on your Android Phone.
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Ok to provide Notification Access to Unseen App (See image below)
4. On the Notification access screen, provide Unseen App with access to Notifications on your Android Phone by moving the toggle next to Unseen to ON position (See image below).
5. On the next pop-up that appears, tap on the Allow option.
From now on any new WhatsApp Message that you receive from your Contacts will show up in the Unseen App. This will allow you to read all your WhatsApp Messages without generating those blue tick marks, although the Message has been read within Unseen App.
Use “Blue tick, last seen hider App” (Method#4)
There is another App known as “Blue tick, last seen hider” that allows you to View WhatsApp Messages Without Opening or generating those Blue Check Marks, next to the read messages.
1. Open Google Play Store and download Blue Tick, Last Seen Hider App on your Android Phone or Tablet
2. Once the App is downloaded, open the Blue tick, last seen hider app on your Android Phone.
3. On the Pop-up that appears, tap on Got It
4. On the next pop-up, tap on Let’s do it button and this will take you to the Notification Access screen on your Android device.
5. On the Notification Access screen, provide the App with Access to Notifications on your Android Device by moving the toggle next to Blue Incognito Chat Reader to ON position (See image below).
6. On the pop-up that appears, tap on the Allow option.
After this all your WhatsApp Messages will be appearing within the App and you will be able to read them without generating those blue tick marks.
Also, you will be able to reply to WhatsApp Messages from within the App (Without opening WhatsApp) – However, replying to the Message makes blue ticks appear.