The problem of WhatsApp Notifications not working on iPhone has been reported by some users. You should be able to fix the problem using various methods as provided below.
WhatsApp Notifications Not Working on iPhone
If WhatsApp notifications are not working, you won’t be notified about new WhatsApp Messages being received on your iPhone.
This can lead to important messages being missed and not replied in time, causing inconvenience to you and others.
In most cases, the issue of WhatsApp Notifications not working on iPhone is due to incorrect settings and it can be easily fixed.
1. Allow WhatsApp Notifications
Make sure that WhatsApp is allowed to send Notifications to your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp.
2. On the next screen, Enable Allow Notifications option.
2. Enable WhatsApp Message & Group Notifications
Make sure that WhatsApp Message and Group Notifications are enabled on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > WhatsApp > Notifications.
2. On Notifications screen, scroll down and tap on WhatsApp Notification Settings.
3. On the next screen, enable Show Notifications option under “Message Notifications” section.
If you want to see Group Notifications, enable Show Notifications under “Group Notifications” section.
3. Turn OFF Do Not Disturb
You won’t receive WhatsApp Notifications if your device has been placed in Do Not Disturb Mode.
1. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > move the toggle next to Do Not Disturb to OFF position.
Note: You can allow certain Contacts to bypass Do Not Disturb Mode.
4. Restart iPhone
Sometimes, the problem is due to stuck programs and minor glitches on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > General > scroll down and tap on Shut Down.
2. On the next screen, use the Slider to Power OFF iPhone.
3. After the iPhone is powered Off, wait for about 30 seconds and Restart iPhone.
5. Enable Background Data
While disabling Background Data for WhatsApp saves mobile data and battery life, it can also lead to Notifications not working properly on your device.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone > scroll down and tap on WhatsApp.
2. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Background App Refresh to ON position.
This allows WhatsApp to periodically check for new messages and deliver timely message alerts to your iPhone.
6. Logout from WhatsApp Web
Using WhatsApp on multiple devices can also lead to Notifications not working properly on iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, tap on WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
3. On the next screen, tap on Logout from All Devices.
After this, relaunch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
7. Check Ringer Position
If you are unable to hear WhatsApp Notifications, the problem could be due to the Ringer on your iPhone being set to Silent Mode position.
Take a look at the physical ringer button on your iPhone and make sure it is set to Ring Mode position.
8. Reset WhatsApp Notifications
The problem could be due to custom Notification settings for certain Contacts or Contact Groups on your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap on Settings > Notifications.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Reset Notification Settings.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Reset to confirm.
9. Update WhatsApp
Make sure you are using the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
1. Open App Store on your iPhone > Search for WhatsApp.
2. On the next screen, tap on the Update option, located next to WhatsApp Messenger (If available).
Note: Update option will be available only if an Update is available.
10. Reset All Settings
If above methods did not help, the problem might be due to corrupted Network Settings on your iPhone.
Note down your WiFi Network Name and Password and follow the steps below Reset All Settings on your device.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset
2. On the next screen, tap on Reset All Settings option.
3. On the Confirmation pop-up, tap on Reset to Confirm.
After the Reset process is completed, you will have to connect back to your WiFi & Cellular Networks.
If above methods did not help, the only remaining option is to Remove and Reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.