You can end up missing important calls, if incoming Calls are going directly to the voicemail on your iPhone. You will find below the steps to fix the problem of Calls Going Straight to Voicemail on iPhone.
Calls Going Straight to Voicemail on iPhone
In default settings, iPhone should alert you about incoming Calls and Messages by ringing or vibrating, whenever someone calls or sends a message to your phone number.
However, it is not uncommon to find cases of users reporting the problem of Calls Going Straight to Voicemail on iPhone.
The most common reason for Calls going directly to voicemail on iPhone appears to be is due to users forgetting to disable “Do Not Disturb Mode”.
Apart from Do Not Disturb Mode, there could be other reasons for the problem of All Calls Going to Voicemail on iPhone.
1. Disable Airplane Mode
If you were recently on a flight, you may have forgotten to disable Airplane mode on your iPhone.
1. Open Settings and disable Airplane Mode on your iPhone by moving the toggle to OFF position.
2. Check Cellular Data Settings
It is possible that you had recently Disable Cellular Data to reduce cellular data usage on your iPhone.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Cellular.
2. On the next screen, make sure that toggle next to Cellular Data is in ON position (Green)
3. Check Do Not Disturb Mode
In many cases, the problem of Calls Going Straight to Voicemail is mostly due to iPhone being placed in Do Not Disturb Mode.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Do Not Disturb.
2. On the next screen, disable Do Not Disturb mode by moving the toggle to OFF position.
4. Disable Do Not Disturb While Driving
Depending on the settings, Do Not Disturb Mode While Driving mode can get automatically switched ON, whenever iPhone detects that you are driving or travelling.
This practically means that your iPhone can go into Do Not Disturb Mode, if you are travelling in a bus, train or in a car as a passenger.
1. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > scroll down to “Do Not Disturb While Driving” section and tap on Activate.
2. On the next screen, select the Manual option.
After this, you will not find “Do Not Disturb While Driving” Mode activating automatically on your iPhone.
5. Turn OFF Silence Unknown Callers
The Silence Unknown Callers feature on iPhone sends Calls from people who are not in your Contacts List directly to Voicemail.
These Calls show up in “Recents” tab on iPhone, making Users into thinking that Calls on their iPhone are going straight to Voicemail.
1. Go to Settings > Phone > disable Silence Unknown Callers by moving the toggle to OFF position.
6. Check Announce Calls Setting
Some users have reported fixing the problem by enabling “Always Announce Calls” option on their iPhone and disabling it later on.
1. Go to Settings > Phone > Announce Calls.
2. On Announce Calls screen, select the Always option.
Once the problem is fixed, try to disable this option and see if your iPhone is still sending calls directly to voicemail.
7. Check For Software Updates From Carrier
Calls can go straight to Voicemail; in case your iPhone is having problems connecting to your carriers network due to outdated carrier settings.
1. Go to Settings > General > About.
2. On the next screen, tap on Update Carrier settings (if an Update is available).
8. Contact Your Carrier
If the none of the above methods work, make a call to your carrier and find out the reason for calls going to voicemail.
The issue might be due to problems with your carrier’s network.