In case you are wondering, it is possible to change the Email Address linked to your Apple ID. You will find below the steps to Apple ID Email Address on iPhone or iPad.
Change Apple ID Email Address
Since you are here, it is likely that the Email Address linked to your Apple ID is no longer accessible and you are looking for a way to associate a different Email Address with your Apple ID.
Luckily, changing Email Address linked to an Apple ID is easy, as long as your Email Address does not end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.
For some reason, Email Addresses ending with above Apple domains cannot be changed or removed from an Apple Device.
1. Change Apple ID Email Address
An easy way to change Apple ID Email Address is to visit your Apple ID Account page on iPhone, Mac or Windows computer.
1. Using iPhone or computer, visit your Apple ID Account page located at https://appleid.apple.com.
2. Enter your existing Apple ID and Password to login to your Apple Account.
3. On the next screen, you may be prompted to answer 2 security questions.
4. Once you are logged-in, tap on the Account tab.
5. On the Account screen, tap on Change Apple ID or Edit Email Address link located below your current Apple ID.
6. On the next screen, enter the New Email Address that you want to use as Apple ID and tap on the Next or Continue button.
Note: Your new Email Address cannot be an existing Apple ID Email Address.
7. You will see a pop-up prompting you to enter the Verification code.
8. Go to your Email Account, copy the verification code and enter it into the pop-up window and tap on Verify.
After completion of the above steps, you have successfully changed the email address linked to your Apple ID.
2. Change Apple ID Email Account Using Settings
You can also change the Email Account linked to Apple ID by using the Settings menu on your iPhone.
1. Open Settings and tap on Apple ID.
2. On Apple ID screen, tap on Name, Phone Numbers, Email option.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Edit option located next to “Contactable” or “REACHABLE AT”.
4. Tap on the – button located next to your Apple ID.
5. Next, tap on the Delete button that now appears.
6. You will see “Choose another address” pop-up, tap on Continue.
7. At this point, you may be prompted to enter your current Apple ID Password or verify your identity by answering two Security Questions.
8. On the next screen, enter your New Email Address and tap on Next.
9. Apple will now send a Verification Code to your New Email Address. Get the verification code by going to your Email and enter the Verification Code on the next screen.
Once your Email is verified, the New Email Address will become your Apple ID.
Things to do After Changing Your Apple ID
After you change the Email Address linked to your Apple ID, you will need to update your sign-in information with all Apple services that you are using.
Just sign-in to iMessage, iCloud, iTunes, App Store and other Apple Services using the New Apple ID Email Address and Password.
In case you are already signed in with your old Apple ID, simply logout and sign-in using your New Apple ID Email Address and Password.