In case you are wondering, it is possible to change email address linked to your Apple ID. Simply follow the steps provided below to change the email address linked to your current Apple ID.
Why Change Email Address Linked to Apple ID
Since you are here, it is likely that the email address linked to your Apple ID is no longer accessible to you. Hence, you are looking for a way to associate a different email address with your Apple ID.
Luckily, changing Email Account linked to Apple ID is easy as long as your email address does not end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com. These email addresses received from Apple cannot be changed.
Steps to Change Email Address Linked To Apple ID
Follow the steps below to change the Email ID linked to your Apple ID.
1. Open Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and visit your Apple ID Account page. This will be located at https://appleid.apple.com
2. Sign-in to your Account using your existing Apple ID Email and Password.
Note: You may be prompted to answer 2 security questions
3. Once you are logged-in, tap on the Account tab (See image below).
4. On the Account screen, tap on Change Apple ID or Edit Email Address link located below your current Apple ID (See image below).
5. On the next screen, enter the New Email Address that you want to link to your Apple ID and tap on the Next or Continue button.
Note: Your new Email Address cannot be an existing Apple ID Email Address.
6. Next, you will see a pop-up asking you to enter the verification code.
7. Go to your e-mail account, copy the verification code and enter it into the pop-up window and tap on Verify (See image below).
After completion of the above steps, you have successfully changed the email address linked to your Apple ID.
Things to do After Changing Your Apple ID
After you change your Apple ID email address, you will need to update your sign-in information with all Apple services that you are using.
Just sign-in to iMessage, iCloud, iTunes, App Store and other Apple Services using your New Apple ID Email Address and Password.
In case you are already signed in with your old Apple ID, simply logout and sign in using your New Apple ID Email Address and Password.