Sometimes, you may find the need to modify or change the IP Address of your computer. You will find below the steps to Change IP Address in Windows 10.
Change IP Address in Windows 10
In a typical Networking setup, the IP Address of Modem/Router is assigned by the ISP (Internet Service Provider), which in-turn assigns a unique Private IP Address to your computer.
While most users never find the need to change or even check the IP Address of their computers, those working on a large network may sometimes find the need to change IP Address of their computer.
Hence, we are providing below an easy way to Change IP Address in Windows 10.
Step#1. Find Router IP Address
The first step is to note down the IP Address of Router (DHCP Server Entry) and also the Subnet Mask Address. These will be required, when you change your computers IP Address in the next step.
1. Type Command Prompt in Windows search bar > right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Admin.
2. In Command Prompt window, type ipconfig/all and press the Enter key.
3. Once the command is executed, scroll down the list of entries and note down Subnet Mask Address and the DHCP Server Address (Router IP Address)
4. Close the Command Prompt window.
Step#2. Change IP Address Using Settings
After noting down Subnet Mask and DHCP Server Address, follow the steps below to change the IP Address of your computer.
1. Go to Settings > click on Network & Internet.
2. On the next screen, select your Network type (WiFi or Ethernet) in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Change adapter options link under “Related Settings”.
3. On the next screen, right-click on your active Network (WiFi or Ethernet) and click on Properties.
4. On the properties screen, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
5. On IPv4 properties screen, select Use the following IP Address option > Enter Default Gateway (DHCP Server Address), Subnet Mask Address, New IP Address and click on OK.
As you can see in above image, the first 3 number sets (192.175.0) in IP Address Field need to be the same as the Router IP Address (DHCP Server entry) and you can only change the last number set with any number from 1 to 255.