In general, users delete Apps on iPhone either to free up storage space or because they are no longer using these Apps. You will find below different methods to delete Apps on iPhone and iPad.
Delete Apps on iPhone and iPad
Before going ahead with the steps to delete Apps on iPhone, you need to be aware that there are certain stock Apps which cannot be deleted from iPhone.
Stock Apps like Safari, App Store, Photos, Camera, Settings, Messages, Wallet and Find My are considered as being an integral part of iOS operating system and they cannot be deleted.
Calculator, Calendar, Compass, Contacts, FaceTime, iTunes Store, Mail, Maps, Music, News, Notes, Stocks, Reminders, Weather, Voice Memos, Podcasts, Tips and TV can be deleted from iPhone.
Apart from these, you can also delete any third party App installed on your device.
1. Delete Apps From Home Screen on iPhone
You can delete Apps right from the Home Screen of your iPhone.
1. On the Home screen of iPhone, locate the App that you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold on the App icon and tap on Delete App option in the pop-up menu.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Delete App to confirm.
2. Delete Multiple Apps on iPhone
You can also delete multiple Apps, right from the Home screen of your device.
1. Tap and hold on any App icon on the Home screen of your iPhone.
2. In the pop-up menu, tap on Edit Home Screen option and you will see the App icons vibrating.
3. To delete any App, tap on the “x” icon next to the App that you want to delete.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on the Delete option to confirm.
3. Delete Apps on iPhone Using Settings
This method allows you to take a look at the amount of storage space taken up by the Apps before deleting them.
1. Go to Settings > General > tap on iPhone Storage.
2. On the next screen, tap on the App that you want to delete from iPhone.
3. On App Details screen, scroll down and tap on Delete App.
You can repeat the above steps to delete other unnecessary apps that you believe are taking up storage space on your device.
How to Recover Deleted Apps on iPhone
It is easy to recover and reinstall back deleted Apps at any time on your device.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Once you are in App Store, tap on the Profile icon located at the top-right corner of your screen.
3. On the Account screen, tap on Purchased.
4. On the next screen, tap on Not on this iPhone tab. This will bring up all the Apps deleted from your iPhone.
5. All that is required to reinstall the deleted App is to tap on the Cloud icon next to the App that you want to Reinstall.