If you are making a switch from Android to iPhone, you will find below different methods to transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone.
Transfer Contacts From Android to iPhone
If your iPhone is not yet setup, you can make use of Move to iOS App to transfer all your Contacts, Photos and data to iPhone.
In case your iPhone is already setup, the easiest way to transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone is to backup all your Contacts to your Google Account and Sync them back to your iPhone.
We are providing below step by step instructions for a total of four different methods to transfer Contacts from Android Phone to iPhone.
1. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using Gmail Sync
Perhaps the easiest way to transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone is to use the Sync feature as available in Gmail.
1. Open Settings on your Android Phone > scroll down and tap on Accounts.
2. On the Accounts screen, tap on Google.
3. On the next screen, tap on your Gmail Account.
4. On the Sync screen, make sure that Contacts is toggled ON.
Once you toggle ON Contacts on the Sync screen, all your existing Contacts will be synced to your Google Account.
5. Now, open Settings on your iPhone > tap on Passwords & Accounts > Add Account.
6. Next, tap on Google > Sign-in to your Gmail Account.
Once you add your Gmail Account to iPhone, all your Contacts linked to your Gmail Account should appear on your iPhone.
2. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using CardDAV
In this method we will be using an open Internet protocol known as CardDAV to Sync Contacts from your Android phone to iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone > tap on Passwords & Accounts. > Add Account.
2. On the next screen, choose the Other option.
3. On next screen, tap on Add CardDAV Account.
4. On CardDAV screen, fill out the requested information and tap on Next.
- Server: google.com
- Username: Your Gmail Account User Name
- Password: Your Gmail Password
- Description: Any description.
Once you provide the requested information and tap on Next, all your Contacts will be transferred to your iPhone.
3. Transfer Contacts From Android to iPhone Using Move to iOS App
Move to iOS App makes it really easy to transfer Contacts, Photos, Videos, Message history and all your data from Android to iPhone.
However, “Move to iOS” App is only meant for use on a New iPhone that is being Setup for the first time. In case your iPhone is already setup, you will have to factory reset your device, in order to use the App.
A Factory Reset will erase all the Data on your iPhone and take your iPhone back to its original or Factory default settings.
If your iPhone is not yet setup or you can start from scratch by Factory Resetting your device, you can follow the steps below to transfer your Data from Android to iPhone using Move to iOS App.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android Phone and download Move to iOS App.
2. Open “Move to iOS” App on your Android Phone and tap on Continue > Read Terms and conditions and tap on Agree > Tap on Next.
3. Turn ON your New iPhone or Factory Reset iPhone and follow the onscreen instructions, until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
4. On the Apps & Data Screen, tap on Move Data From Android option.
5. Tap on Continue and wait for a ten (or 6) digit to appear on the screen of your iPhone.
6. Now, go to your Android Phone and enter the 10 digit code and wait for Data Transfer Screen to appear.
7. Once the Data Transfer Screen appears, Choose the Data (Contacts, Message history, Photos etc) that you would like to transfer to iPhone and tap on Next.
Once you tap on Next, your Android phone will begin the process of transferring Contacts and other selected data to your New iPhone.
The time to transfer data from Android to iPhone will depend on the amount of data available on your Android Phone.
8. Once your Android phone is done transferring, follow the next onscreen instructions to complete the setup of your iPhone.