The steps to enter DFU Mode on iPhone 8 are different compared to iPhone with an actual home button. You will find below the steps to Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8Plus.
Enter DFU Mode On iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
DFU Mode (Default Firmware Update) can be defined as an advanced recovery and restore mode that allows iPhone to communicate with iTunes without the active boot loader being activated on your device.
This provides greater control of the device and access to advanced functions like upgrading firmware, downgrading firmware and restoring a jailbroken device.
Before going ahead with the steps to enter DFU Mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, you need to be aware that DFU Mode entirely wipes all the data from your iPhone.
Note: DFU Mode is not recommended if your device appears to have suffered internal damage due to a fall, impact or suffered water damage.
Steps to Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Follow the steps below to enter DFU mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
1. Plug iPhone into computer and open iTunes.
2. Quickly, press and release the Volume Up button > press and release the Volume Down button.
3. Immediately, press and hold the Side button (ON/OFF button).
4. As the screen turns black, keep holding the Side button and press and hold the Volume Down button.
5. After 5 seconds, release the Side button and continue to hold the Volume Down button, until you see ‘iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode’ pop-up on your computer.
6. Immediately, release the Volume Down button and your iPhone should now be in DFU Mode (Black Screen).
Note: The screen of iPhone should be completely black in case you have successfully entered DFU Mode. If not, repeat the steps till you get a black screen.
7. On your computer, click OK on ‘iTunes has detected pop-up’ and you will see the option to Restore iPhone. Click on Restore iPhone button to start the process of Restoring iPhone.
After the Restore process is completed, iPhone will start with the Hello screen, allowing you to setup your iPhone as New Device or Restore iPhone from Backup.
How to Exit DFU Mode On iPhone
Once your iPhone has been restored using DFU mode, it should automatically come out of DFU mode.
However, in case you have entered DFU Mode by mistake, you can follow the steps below to Exit DFU Mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
1. Press the Volume Up button on your iPhone and quickly release it.
2. Next, press the Volume Down button and quickly release it.
3. Finally, press and hold the Power Button (ON/OFF), until you see the white Apple logo appearing on the screen of your iPhone.
You will be out of DFU Mode as soon as you see the Apple Logo appearing on your screen.