It is easy to forward calls on iPhone to another number, in case you are unable to take calls on your device and want those calls to be attended by someone else.
Forward Calls On iPhone to Another Number
Before going ahead with the steps to forward calls to another number on iPhone, make sure that Call Forwarding is supported by your carrier.
Some carriers may charge you extra for providing this service. Hence, it is recommended that you check with your Carrier and avoid unwanted surprises.
Also, make sure that you remember to disable call forwarding on your iPhone as soon as you are done with the reason for forwarding calls to another number.
Forgetting to disable call forwarding can result in your calls getting diverted to the other number, while you are expecting them to come to your iPhone.
How to Forward Calls on iPhone to Another Phone Number
Follow the steps below to Forward Calls on iPhone to another number.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Phone.
2. On the next screen, tap on Call Forwarding option located under the “Calls” section.
3. On the Call Forwarding screen, slide the toggle next to Call Forwarding to ON position and then tap on Forward To option that appears.
4. On the next screen, type the Phone Number (starting with Area Code) to which you want to forward the Calls to.
5. After typing Phone Number, tap on the Back arrow to save the changes.
Once Call Forwarding has been enabled on your device, you will see a Phone icon with an arrow in the status bar on your iPhone.
This will provide a good indication that your iPhone is currently set to forward calls to another number.
How to Disable Call Forwarding on iPhone
Disabling Call forwarding on an iPhone is just as easy as enabling this feature.
1. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding.
2. On the Call Forwarding screen, move the toggle next to Call Forwarding to OFF position.
Once Call Forwarding is disabled, the phone icon with arrow will disappear from the status bar and your iPhone will start accepting phone calls and ring as usual.
Enable Call Forwarding on Carrier Locked iPhones
If you are unable to access the Call Forwarding feature on iPhone Settings screen, it is likely that this feature has been blocked by your Carrier.
In such cases, you might be able to Forward Calls to another number using an alternative method as reported by some users.
1. Dial *72 followed by the Phone Number that you want to forward the Calls to.
2. To Disable Call Forwarding, simply Dial *73 at any time. This will disable Call Forwarding and you will be able to receive Calls on your iPhone.