Driving Mode in Google Maps is like having a knowledgeable co-driver available at your service. Driving Mode makes use of your location, travel history and web searches to suggest destinations, traffic updates, gas prices and other useful information.
Google Maps Driving Mode
You must be already used to getting turn-by-turn directions using Google Maps Offline or Online on your Android Phone. Now, you can make use of the Driving Mode feature in Google Maps to get turn-by-turn directions, traffic updates, Gas prices and more, without even entering the start and the end point of your trip on Google Maps.
All that you need to do is to activate Google Maps Driving Mode on your Android phone from wherever you are located. Google Maps will track your current location and figure out where you might be heading to, based on your current location, time of the day, location data and web searches.
In case you have set your home and work locations in Google Maps, Driving Mode will pull up directions and information about these places whenever it makes sense to provide you with such information.
For example, if the day is Monday and you are starting from home at 6 AM, Google Maps will figure out that you are heading to work. However, the results will be different when you make use of the Google Maps Driving Mode feature on Sunday Morning – It will figure out that you are heading to Gym
In general, Google Maps Driving Mode is helpful both when you know where you are going and also when you do not have a particular destination in mind.
Enable Google Maps Driving Mode On Android Phone
Follow the Steps below to Enable Google Maps Driving mode on your Android Phone.
1. Tap on Google Maps icon to start or launch Google Maps on your Android Phone.
2. Next, tap on the 3-bar Menu icon, located at the top left corner of your screen.
3. From the sidebar Menu that appears, tap on Start Driving.
4. Google Maps will immediately track your current location and you will see an Arrow icon on Google Maps, indicating your current location.
5. Simply start driving with Google Maps Driving Mode as your co-driver. Google Maps will be guiding you with traffic updates, estimated arrival time, and other information.
In case required, you can access voice search at any time by tapping on the Microphone icon (See image above)
Being an intelligent location based service, you will find Google Maps Driving feature becoming progressively better as it gets to know you, your preferences, work location, home location and the places that you frequent and search for.