You may want to make the text size larger or smaller on your iPhone or iPad. In this post we will show you how you can easily increase or decrease the text size on your iPhone or iPad to suit your own preference or eyesight.
Make Text Larger On iPhone and iPad
There are two areas where you can experiment with text and display settings to get the desired font size and fine tune the text display to suit your own requirements.
- Change Text through Display and Brightness settings
- Change Text size through Accessibility settings
Change Text Size Using Display and Brightness Settings.
Follow the steps below to change the text size on your iPhone or iPads user interface.
1. Open Settings
2. Navigate to Display & Brightness
3. Tap on Text Size
4. Drag the slider to the left to make the text size smaller, or drag the slider to the right to make text size larger.
Change Text Size Through Accessibility Settings
Many options in accessibility settings are designed to help users with eyesight problems and even those with extremely poor eyesight can benefit by changing settings in this section.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on ‘General.’
3. Tap on ‘Accessibility.’
4. Browse through the options on this page and Tap on ‘Larger Text.’
5. Move the slider to the right to increase the text size, moving to the left will decrease the font.
6. Find a size that suits you best and exit
Options in Accessibility Settings
Below are some of the options that you can access through accessibility settings.
- Zoom: Enlarges text
- Voice over: Speaks out items on the screen
- Gray-scale: You can set this option while reading books on your iPad to get a Kindle like setting.
- Larger Text: Here you will get larger font size, larger than those in Display and Brightness settings
- Bold Text: Helps in case you like to see things in bold
- Increase contrast: Here you can increase legibility of the text by darkening colors.