By default, Apps are installed on the internal storage location on your Android Phone. However, you can Move Apps to SD Card on Android Phone or tablet, in case you have limited internal storage on your Android device.
Move Apps to SD Card On Android Phone
Before getting started with the process to move apps to SD card on Android phone or tablet, you need to be aware of the following facts.
1. Running Apps from the SD Card is known to make the Apps run slower, compared to running Apps from the internal storage.
2. Depending on the App, some features of the App may not work when it is moved to the SD card.
3. Apps that do not support ‘Move to SD Card’ feature cannot be moved to SD Card on your Android Phone.
4. Some Apps may leave data on your Phone’s internal storage even after they are moved to SD card.
Steps to Move Apps to SD Card On Android Phone or Tablet
Follow the steps below to move apps to SD Card on Android Phone or Tablet.
1. Open Settings on your Android Phone or Tablet.
2. On the Settings Screen, scroll down and tap on Applications or Apps.
3. Next, tap on Application Manager (if you are using a Samsung device).
4. On the Applications Manager screen, tap on the App that you want to move to the SD card (See image below).
5. On the next screen, tap on Move to SD Card.
6. Once you tap on Move to SD Card, the process to move the App to SD will start and the App will be moved to the SD card.
In case you do not see ‘Move To SD Card’ option or this option is greyed out, it means that the App maker has not provided the option to Move the App to SD Card and you won’t be able to move this particular App to SD card.