In certain cases, it becomes necessary to reinstall WhatsApp. Hence, we are providing below the steps to Delete & Reinstall WhatsApp on Android Phone without losing messages.
Reinstall WhatsApp Without Losing Messages
Just like any other App, the installation of WhatsApp can get broken or corrupted on an Android Phone and cause problems.
The solution in such cases is to delete the corrupted installation of WhatsApp from your Android Phone and reinstall the latest stable version of WhatsApp back on your device.
Before going ahead with the steps to delete WhatsApp, it is important that you backup your WhatsApp account to Google Drive, which allows you to restore all your WhatsApp Messages.
Step #1. Backup WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive
The first step is to make a Backup of all your WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap on 3-dots Menu icon and select Settings in the drop-down menu.
2. From the Settings screen, navigate to Chats > Chat Backup > tap on BACK UP button to start the process of backing up all your WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive.
Note: If you also want to Backup WhatsApp Videos, you can scroll down and select Include Videos option.
However, you need to be aware that including videos will slow down the backup process and occupy a lot of space in your Google Drive Account.
3. Patiently wait for the backup process to be completed.
The time to complete the Backup will depend on the number of WhatsApp Messages Photos and Videos in your WhatsApp Account.
Step #2. Delete WhatsApp from Android Phone
After making a backup of WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive, you can safely Delete WhatsApp from your Android Phone.
1. Open Settings on your Android Phone > navigate to Applications > Application Manager.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on WhatsApp.
3. On Application info screen, tap on Uninstall to delete WhatsApp from your Android Phone.
4. On the confirmation popup, tap on Uninstall to confirm.
3. Reinstall WhatsApp on Android Phone
The last step is download and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp from Google Play Store on your Android Phone.
1. Open Google Play Store > search and dowload WhatsApp on your phone.
2. Once WhatsApp is dowloaded, Open WhatsApp and follow the instructions to provide WhatsApp with access to your Contacts and agree to WhatsApp Terms of Service.
3. On the next screen, select Country, enter the Phone Number associated with your WhatsApp Account and tap on Next.
4. On the next pop-up, tap on OK to allow WhatsApp to verify your phone number.
5. Once your Phone Number is verified, WhatsApp will look for available Backups and prompt you to Back up your Messages and Media from Google Drive Backup that you made in the first step.
Tap on Restore to Restore all your WhatsApp Messages.
6. Wait for the Restore Process to be completed, tap on Next when you see the check mark.
7. On the next screen, complete your Profile Info and tap on Next.
That will be it! – You have successfully managed to Delete and Reinstall WhatsApp back on your Android Phone, without losing any of your Messages.
Note: Some users have reported losing Messages and described WhatsApp Backup and Restore Process as not being 100% reliable.
During our testing, we had no problems backing up WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive and Restoring them back on our Android Phone.