Like most users, you should be able to recall the last occasion when you had opened an interesting website on your iPhone for later reading, only to find yourself accidentally closing the tab and losing track of the website.
If this happens to you next time, you can make use of the steps provided in this article to reopen closed tabs on your iPhone or iPad
Open Recently Closed Tabs on iPhone and iPad
While there are users who believe in opening multiple tabs on their iPhone, there are others users who like to close tabs on their iPhone or iPad, in order to make the web browser run faster and smoother.
However, while closing tabs it is quite possible to Accidentally delete an important webpage, that you absolutely wanted to read.
Luckily, the Safari browser on your iPhone is equipped with a feature that you can make use of to open tabs even after you have closed them. This feature was first introduced in 2014 by Apple via the iOS 8 updated.
Chrome is another popular browser that allows you to open recently closed tabs on your iPhone.
Open Recently Closed Tabs in Safari on iPhone
Follow the steps below to open recently closed tabs in Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone
2. Next tap on the Tabs icon, located in the bottom right corner of your screen. (See image below)
3. On the next screen, tap and hold the + button, until you are taken to the Recently Closed tabs page
4. On the Recently Closed Tabs Screen, simply tap on the link that you want to open and the link will open in a new tab.
Open Recently Closed Tabs in Chrome on iPhone
The Chrome browser on iPhone also makes it extremely easy to open accidentally closed tabs on your iPhone.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your iPhone
2. Next, tap on the 3 dot Chrome icon, located in the top right corner of your screen (See image below)
3. From the dropdown menu, tap on Recent Tabs option
4. Under the heading Recently Closed, you will see all the tabs you have recently closed on your iPhone. Simply tap on the Article or the website that you want to reopen