In case you have accidentally deleted Contacts from iPhone or lost Contacts due to other reasons, you will find below three methods to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone.
Recover Deleted Contacts On iPhone
Accidentally deleting single or multiple Contacts on iPhone is a common occurrence that any iPhone user can suffer from.
In addition to accidental deletion, users have reported missing Contacts on iPhone after Restoring iPhone, installing Updates and other reasons.
Irrespective of the reason, it possible to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone by Re-syncing iCloud Contacts to iPhone and by Restoring iPhone from a recent iTunes or iCloud Backup.
1. Merge iCloud Contacts to iPhone
If deleted Contacts are still available in iCloud, you might be able to bring them back to iPhone by Re-syncing iCloud Contacts to your device.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID Name.
2. On Apple ID screen, scroll down and tap on iCloud.
3. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Contacts to OFF position.
4. On the pop-up that appears, select Keep on My iPhone option.
5. Now, enable iCloud Contacts back on your iPhone by moving the toggle next to Contacts to ON position.
6. On the Pop-up, select the Merge option.
This should bring back all the Deleted Contacts back on your iPhone.
Now, open the Contacts App on your iPhone and see if you can find deleted Contacts back on your iPhone.
2. Recover Deleted Contacts On iPhone Using iCloud Backup
While restoring iPhone using iCloud Backup is easy, it requires you to first delete all the Data on your iPhone.
Go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Backup > check the date of Last Successful iCloud Backup.
Go ahead with the next steps, only if you feel that the Backup File contains Deleted Contacts.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset > tap on Erase All Content and Settings option.
2. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Erase iPhone to confirm.
3. After all the data is erased, you will see your device starting up with “Hello” screen. Slide to right to start the process of setting up your iPhone.
4. Follow next set of onscreen instructions to Set up iPhone, until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen. On this screen, select Restore from iCloud Backup option.
5. If prompted, Sign-in to your iCloud Account by entering Apple ID, password and tap on Next.
6. On the next screen, select the iCloud Backup that you want to Restore your iPhone from.
Once your iPhone is restored using the Backup File, you should find all your deleted Contacts back on your iPhone.
3. Recover Deleted Contacts On iPhone Using iTunes
This method can be used, if you have a recent backup of iPhone available on your computer and the backup was made prior to deletion of the Contacts.
Note: You need to Turn off Find my iPhone in order to restore iPhone using iTunes.
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows Computer.
2. Connect iPhone to the USB port of Computer using its supplied Lightning to USB connector.
3. In iTunes, click on the Phone icon as it appears on the screen of your computer.
4. Next, click on the Summary tab in the left pane. In the right-pane, click on Restore iPhone button located under “Manually Backup and Restore” section.
5. On the pop-up, select the Backup of iPhone that you want to use for the Restore process and click on the Restore button.
6. Wait for the Data on your iPhone to be restored using the selected Backup File located on your computer.
The time to Restore iPhone will depend on the amount of data available in the Backup File. Once the iPhone is Restored, you should be able to see all the Deleted Contacts back on your iPhone.