If you are regularly backing up iPhone to computer or iCloud, you also need to know the steps to Restore iPhone from backup. You will find below the steps to Restore iPhone from iCloud, Mac and Windows computer.
Restore iPhone From iCloud, Mac and Windows
Currently there are three different methods to Restore iPhone and you can choose from any method that is suitable in your case.
If you had setup your iPhone to backup automatically to iCloud, you will be able to Restore iPhone from an iCloud backup.
Similarly, if a complete backup of your iPhone is available on Mac or Windows PC, you will be using a different method to Restore iPhone from backup on Mac or Windows Computer.
So, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to Restore iPhone from iCloud, Mac and Windows computer.
1. Restore iPhone From iCloud Backup
This method can be used to Transfer Data from Old to New iPhone by Restoring the New iPhone from an iCloud Backup of your existing iPhone.
In case you want to Restore an existing iPhone from an iCloud Backup, you will have to first erase all the data on your existing iPhone by Factory Resetting your device.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset > tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
2. On the confirmation pop-up, tap Backup Then Erase or Erase Now to start the process of Factory Resetting your device.
Note: Tap on Erase Now, if you are trying to Fix problems on your iPhone and do not want current changes/errors on the iPhone to be transferred to the backup.
3. After your device is Factory Reset, you will see it starting with the “Hello” or the Welcome screen.
4. Start setting up your iPhone by following the onscreen instructions, until you reach “Apps & Data screen”. On this screen, select Restore from iCloud Backup option.
5. When prompted, enter your Apple ID, Password and tap on Next.
6. On the next screen, select the iCloud Backup. from which you want to Restore your iPhone.
Once you select the iCloud Backup, your iPhone will begin the process of downloading the backup from iCloud to your device.
After the Restore process is completed you will be able to see all your settings, data and apps installed back on your iPhone.
2. Restore iPhone From Backup on Mac
If you had previously made a complete backup of iPhone on Mac, you can follow the steps below to Restore iPhone from Backup on Mac.
Note: You need to Turn off Find my iPhone in order to be able to Restore iPhone from Backup on Mac.
1. Connect iPhone to the USB port of Computer using its supplied Lightning to USB connector.
2. Unlock your iPhone by enter your Lock Screen Passcode.
3. Next, click on the Finder Icon located in the taskbar on your Mac.
4. On the Finder screen, select your iPhone in the left pane. In the right pane, scroll down to “Backups” section and click on Restore Backup button.
5. On the pop-up, select the iPhone Backup that you want to Restore your iPhone from and click on the Restore button.
Note: In case the iPhone backup file on your Mac was encrypted, you will also be required to enter the password to access the encrypted file.
6. Wait for your iPhone to Restored using the data available on the selected iPhone Backup File located on your Mac.
3. Restore iPhone From Backup on Windows Computer
The process of Restoring iPhone from Windows computer is a bit different from Restoring iPhone from Backup on Mac.
Note: You need to Turn off “Find my iPhone”, in order to restore iPhone from backup on Windows computer.
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows Computer.
2. Connect iPhone to the USB port of Computer using its supplied Lightning to USB connector.
3. In iTunes, click on the Phone icon as it appears on the screen of your computer.
4. On the next screen, click on Summary tab in the left pane. In the right pane, click on Restore Backup button located under “Manually Back Up and Restore” section.
5. On the pop-up, select the iTunes backup located on your computer and click on the Restore button.
Note: In case the iPhone backup file on your computer is encrypted, you will be required to enter the password to access the encrypted file.
6. Wait for the Restore Process to be competed.
Note: Do not disconnect iPhone from Mac, until the entire process is completed.