Starting Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Safe Mode is not something that you will be doing regularly and it is for this reason that most users do not know how to start their phone in safe mode. In this post, you will learn how to start Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Safe Mode and how to disable safe mode on the device.
Why Safe Mode
You may need to start Note 4 in safe mode for trouble shooting purposes, whenever you notice your device behaving in unexpected ways and not functioning as it should be.
Safe mode basically starts the device with only the default apps and disables all other apps. This allows you to see as to which particular app is causing problems on your phone.
How to Start Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Safe Mode
You can start your phone is safe mode by following these steps.
1. Make sure that your phone is turned off
2. With the phone turned off, Press and hold the volume down button and start your phone by pressing the power button
3. Continue holding down the volume button and release the power button when you see the phone on.
4. Release the Volume Down button when you see the screen fully loaded in Safe Mode. You will see the words Safe Mode at the lower left corner of your Note 4.
Note 4 will clearly display a “Safe Mode” badge in a black box on the bottom-left corner of the screen, which is visible no matter what screen or app you’re in. You’ll also see a notification informing you that your phone is in Safe Mode.
How to Disable Safe Mode on Note 4
Once you find that the phone functions normally with stock apps, you can conclude that the problem on your phone is due to newly installed app. You can either disable or uninstall the suspected and see if the problem is resolved.
1. Access the phone Settings
2. Scroll down to the Application Manager.
3. You will find the app under the Downloaded tab > Disable or Uninstall the app
Now to get out of the Safe Mode > Swipe down the notification shade and then tap the Safe Mode notification. You will see a pop up window on your screen allowing you to reboot your phone normally.
You can also get out of the safe mode by Pressing down the power button and choosing Restart from the popup menu.
Once out of safe mode, all the apps that you had installed previously will come back to life as soon as your phone reboots.
Sometimes you may be not be able to get out of the safe Mode even by restarting Note 4. In such cases you will have to remove the battery from your device and insert it back after waiting for 5 minutes.