There are many applications that can convert a webpage to PDF on iPhone, but with iOS 9 there is no need to go for external applications, since this facility is almost built in to the operating system. In this post you will learn how to save webpages as PDF right on your iPhone and iPad.
Save Webpages As PDF on iPhone and iPad
Follow the steps below to save webpages as PDF on iPhone and iPad and use them for offline reading at your own convenience.
1. The first step is to download and install Apple’s free iBooks app to your device in case it is not already installed on your device.
Note: iBooks app Requires iOS 7.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can download this free app from iTunes.
2. Once iBooks app is installed, tap on Safari to launch the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Visit your favorite website and start browsing articles on that website.
4. Once you come across a webpage that you want to save, hit the Share button from the bottom of your screen (See image below)
5. Next, from the top row of icons, swipe to the right and you’ll see a new icon called “Save PDF to iBooks” (See image below)
6. Tap on Save PDF to iBooks. (See image above)
Within a snap, the webpage will be saved as a PDF document in your iBooks. The quality of the webpage depends on how well the webpage can be printed to PDF. Mostly, websites with lots of text content are better suited for conversion to PDF.
How to View Saved PDF Webpages on iPhone
Follow the steps below to view the webpage that you have saved as PDF documents on your iPhone or iPad
1. From the home screen open iBooks
2. Tap on My Books from the bottom of the screen (See image below)
3. Choose the saved webpage that you would like to view.
How to Open PDF’s Attached to Emails
The PDF document of the webpage that you created can be emailed to your friends, so that they can return the favor by sending you interesting content that they might come across on the internet.
Follow the steps below to open and view PDF documents attached to an email, in case your friends do return the favor by emailing you back useful or interesting content.
1. Open the email with the PDF attachment, and tap on the Attachment.
2. Tap on the Share button from the upper-right corner of your screen (See image below in step#3).
3. Next, tap Open in iBooks to open and view the PDF attachment.
Note: Whenever you use iBooks to open a PDF document, a copy of the document will be automatically saved to your iBooks PDF shelf.