It is really convenient to know who is calling before you actually pick up the Phone. This can be easily achieved by setting up different ringtones for different contacts on your Android Phone.
Set Ringtones For Contacts on Android Phone
The process of assigning custom or specific ringtones for contacts on Android phones is quite easy. However, the interface can vary from one Android Phone to another due to different skins or custom Android modifications done by the manufacturers.
Hence, in this article we are providing the steps to set Ringtones for Contacts on Samsung Galaxy Phones and other phones like Google Nexus, that have a stock Android interface.
Set Ringtones For Contacts on Samsung Galaxy Phone
Follow the steps below to set ringtones for contacts on Samsung Galaxy Phones which have a modified Android Interface. In many ways the modified interface on Samsung Galaxy phones can be considered as an improvement over the stock Android Interface.
1. Tap on the Contacts App on your Samsung Galaxy Phone
2. On the next screen, find the Contact that you want to assign a specific Ringtone and tap on it.
3. On the contacts page, tap on the Edit button located at the top right corner of your screen.
4. On the contacts detail page, make sure that you are on the Device tab. Once you are on Device screen, scroll down to the field labelled Ringtone and tap on it.
5. On the next screen you can choose a ringtone for this contact. In this case, tap on Dance Party, because this contact of yours is a party animal.
6. After Choosing the ringtone, tap on the back Arrow next to Ringtones to go back to the contacts detail page (See image below).
7. On the contacts profile page, tap on Save to save the changes to Ringtone settings that you just made (See image above)
Set Ringtones For Contacts on Stock Android Phone
Follow the steps below to setup Custom Ringtones on Android Phones with a Stock Android Interface like Google Nexus Phones.
1. Tap on the Contacts App on your Android Phone
Note: You can also do this from the Phone App.
2. On the next screen, find the Contact that you want to assign a Custom Ringtone and tap on it.
3. On the Contacts page, tap on the 3-dot Android Menu icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
4. From the little menu that appears, tap on Set Ringtone.
5. On the next screen, choose a ringtone that you believe is well suited for this contact.
Setting up specific or individual ringtones for contacts is a good way of organizing your contacts and staying alert for important calls and calls from your loved ones.