Gmail is a popular Email client trusted by users for its anti-spam and security features. You will find below two different methods to Setup and Use Gmail on iPhone.
Setup & Use Gmail on iPhone
There are basically two ways to use Gmail on iPhone. You can either add your Gmail Account to iPhone Mail App or download & Install dedicated Gmail App from the App Store.
Adding Gmail Account to iPhone Mail App allows you to send & receive Emails from your Gmail Account, within the Mail App, without the need to login to your Gmail Account.
In comparison, Gmail App brings the familiar Gmail Desktop interface to iPhone and provides benefits like New Message Notifications, Grouped Messages, ability to use multiple Accounts and others.
With this understanding, let us go ahead and take a look at the two different ways Access Gmail on iPhone.
1. Add Gmail Account to Mail App
All that is required to Access your Gmail Account and send Emails using your Gmail Account from iPhone is to add your Gmail Account to the Mail App.
1. Open the Mail App on your iPhone.
2. On the next screen, select Google as your Email service provider.
Note: If you are already using the Mail App, tap on Add Account and select Gmail on the next screen.
3. On the pop-up, tap on Continue to allow the Mail App to use your Gmail Account to sign-in.
4. On the next screen, enter your Gmail Account User Name, Password and tap on Next.
5. On Gmail screen, move the toggle next to Mail & Contacts to ON position.
Note: You can also toggle Calendars and Notes, if you want these items to Sync to your Gmail Account.
6. On the pop-up, tap on Keep on My iPhone to keep your local Contacts on iPhone and tap on Save.
Note: If you have enabled 2-factor authentication for Gmail, you will have to go through another screen.
After adding Gmail Account, open the Mail App on your iPhone and you will find all your Gmail Messages in the Mailbox in Gmail Folder.
2. Download & Install Gmail App on iPhone
Another way to Use Gmail on iPhone is to download & Install Gmail App for iOS devices as available on the App Store.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Download and Install the Gmail App on your iPhone.
3. Once the App is installed, open the Gmail App on your iPhone.
4. On the next screen, enter your Gmail ID and Password to Sign-in to your Gmail Account.
Once you are logged-in to your Gmail Account, you will see the familiar Gmail interface that you are used to seeing on the desktop version of Gmail.
Note: Gmail App pulls all your settings and information from your regular Gmail Account online.