Gmail is one of the most popular Email clients and almost everyone appears to have a Gmail Account. You will find below two different methods to Use Gmail on iPhone.
Use Gmail on iPhone
There are basically two ways to use Gmail on iPhone. You can either add your Gmail Account to iPhone or download & Install the dedicated Gmail App from the App Store.
Adding Gmail Account to iPhone, basically allows you to send & receive Emails from within the Mail App, using your Gmail Account.
In comparison, Gmail App brings the familiar Gmail desktop interface to iPhone and provides benefits like New Message Notifications, Grouped Messages, ability to use multiple Accounts and others.
With this understanding, let us go ahead and take a look at the two different methods to use Gmail on iPhone.
1. Add Gmail Account to iPhone
All that is required to send and receive Emails from your Gmail Account on iPhone is to add your Google Account to iPhone.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Password & Accounts.
2. On the next screen, tap on Add Accounts option.
3. On the Accounts screen, tap on Google.
4. On the next screen, Enter your Gmail Account and tap on Next.
5. Enter the Password for your Gmail Account and tap on the Next button.
5. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Mail & Contacts to ON position and tap on Save.
Note: You can also toggle Calendars and Notes, if you want these items to Sync to your Gmail Account.
6.If you have enabled 2-factor authentication for Gmail, you will have to go through another screen.
After adding your Email Account, open the Mail App and you will find all your Gmail Messages in the Mailbox in Gmail Folder.
2. Download & Install Gmail App on iPhone
To enjoy the full benefits of Gmail, you will have to download and install the Gmail App for iOS devices as available on the App Store.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Download and Install the Gmail App on your iPhone.
3. Once the App is installed, open the Gmail App on your iPhone.
4. On the next screen, enter your Gmail ID and Password to sign-in to your Gmail Account.
Once you are logged into your Gmail Account, you will see the familiar Gmail interface that you are used to seeing on the desktop version of Gmail.
Note: Gmail App pulls all your settings and information from your regular Gmail Account online.