Some users have reported about “Share My Location” option being grayed out on iPhone. You will find below some of the methods to fix Share My Location Option Grayed out problem on iPhone.
Share My Location Option Grayed Out on iPhone
Your iPhone makes use of Cellular, WiFi and GPS data to determine your precise location and makes this data available to Maps, Find My iPhone, Share My Location and other Apps/services that are allowed to access this information on your iPhone.
Share My Location feature on iPhone allows you to share your Location with Family & Friends via the Messages App and Find My Friends App.
If Share My Location option has become unresponsive or appears grayed out, it is most likely that you have disabled Location Services on your iPhone or placed Share My Location under restrictions.
1. Enable iCloud
The Share My Location feature on iPhone requires you to be logged-in to iCloud.
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID Name.
2. Login using your Apple ID and Password. in case you are not already logged-in.
2. Enable Location Services
You need to enable Apple’s “Location services” feature on your iPhone, in order to allow iPhone to track your location.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Privacy.
2. On the Privacy screen, tap on Location Services.
3. On the Location services screen, make sure that the option for Location Services is turned ON.
After this, check to see if you are able to access Location Services feature on your iPhone.
3. Disable Restrictions
It is possible that you have placed restrictions on Share My location option.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Screen Time.
2. On Screen Time Screen, tap on Content Privacy & Restrictions.
3. If prompted, enter your 4-digit Screen Time PIN.
4. On Content & Privacy screen, tap on Location Services.
5. On Location services screen, make sure that Allow Changes and Location Services are enabled.
After this, tap on Settings > your Apple ID Name > Share My Location and enable Share My Location by moving the toggle to ON position.
Hope one of the above methods has helped you in fixing the problem of Share My Location Grayed out on iPhone.