By default, iPhone records your Location Information on photos that you take using the Camera on your iPhone. However, it is easy to turn OFF Geotagging for photos on iPhone and prevent your location information from being recorded on photos.
Turn Off Geotagging For Photos On iPhone and iPad
The Geotagging feature as available on most smartphones adds location, date and other information to Photos and Videos.
The location information is stored on the photo’s EXIF (Exchangeable Image File) data, along with other details like Date, Time, Camera model & make, Shutter speed, Focal length, ISO speed and other information.
The location information as recorded on photographs is precise, pin-pointing the exact geographical location of the place where a particular photo was taken.
In case you are concerned about this, you can either completely Turn OFF Geotagging For Photos or selectively enable or disable Geotagging for Photos on your iPhone.
1. Completely Turn Off Geotagging For Photos On iPhone
Follow the steps below to Turn Off Geotagging for Photos on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone > scroll down and tap on Privacy.
2. On the Privacy screen, tap on Location Services.
3. On Location Services screen, scroll down and tap on Camera.
4. On the next screen, tap on Never to completely Turn OFF Geotagging for Photos on your iPhone.
This setting will prevent Geotags from being recorded on all photos and videos that you take using the Camera on your iPhone.
2. Selectively Enable or Disable Geotagging For Photos on iPhone
Instead of completely disabling Geotagging for Photos, you can make the Camera App on your iPhone to prompt you to Enable or Disable Location information on a case by case basis.
1. Go to Settings > General > scroll down and tap on Reset.
2. On the Reset screen, tap on Reset Location & Privacy option.
3. If prompted, enter your Passcode in order to make this change.
The above steps will Reset Location and Privacy Settings for all the Apps on your iPhone.
Now when you use the Camera on your iPhone, you will be prompted to either Enable or Disable Location information, every time you open the Camera App on your iPhone.