Although, the Custom Ringtone feature can be accessed from within WhatsApp, iPhone users still need to access the Contacts App to Set WhatsApp Custom Ringtones.
Custom Ringtones For WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
The Custom Ringtone feature can be effectively used to differentiate important WhatsApp Contacts from other Contacts.
For example, assigning a Custom Ringtone to an important Contact allows you to immediately identify that you are receiving a WhatsApp Calls from this particular Contact.
Similarly, you may want to assign a distinct Ringtone for all your Family members, so that you can immediately identify WhatsApp Calls from your family members.
As mentioned above, accessing the Custom Ringtone feature from within WhatsApp does help you to setup WhatsApp Custom Ringtones on iPhone.
The only way to set Custom Ringtones for WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone is to do it from the Contacts App.
Assign Custom Ringtones for WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
Follow the steps below to assign distinct or Custom Ringtones for individual Contacts on iPhone.
1. Open the Contacts App on your iPhone.
2. On the Contacts screen, select the particular WhatsApp Contact for which you want to assign a Custom or Unique Ringtone.
3. On Contacts Info screen, tap on the Edit option, located at top-right corner of your screen.
4. On the next screen, tap on the Ringtone option.
5. On the Ringtone screen, scroll down to “Ringtones” section and select the Ringtone that you would like to assign for this particular WhatsApp Contact.
6. Tap on Done to save this setting on your iPhone.
Now, whenever this particular Contact makes a WhatsApp call to your iPhone, your phone will ring using the selected Ringtone.