When switching from your current app store to an app store of a different country you will be required to enter credit card information. One of our readers wanted to know if it was somehow possible to Change App Store Country or Region without Credit Card.
Changing App Store Country
Earlier it was possible to switch between app stores by going into your Apple ID’s settings and selecting a different region, however now you will be asked to enter credit card information in order to switch to a different app store.
Even if you are prepared to your enter credit card information, you are likely to get an error message that your credit card is not valid for this region.
In case you really want to change App Store country, there is a workaround to this problem. The process may seem like a long one at the start however once you have set it up, changing between app stores will be a breeze.
Change App Store Country Without Credit Card
The process of changing App store country without having to enter your Credit card details involves the following three steps.
- Create New Apple ID
- Sign Out Of Current Apple ID
- Sign in to New Apple ID
Create New Apple ID
In order to create a new Apple ID you need to have another email which is not associated in any way with Apple (Current or past Apple ID’s).
1. Using your iPhone or computer, head over to appleid.apple.com and tap on Create Your Apple ID link that you will find at the bottom of the page.
2. On the next screen, enter the required information (Email, Password, Security questions, etc.)
Note: As mentioned above, the email that you enter on this screen needs to be different from your current or past Apple ID emails.
Important: On this screen, make sure that you change the country setting to the Country that you want to access the App Store for. For example, to access the US app store from another region select the Country as United States.
3. Tap on Continue and verify your Apple ID by signing into your email and entering the 6 digit verification code.
Sign Out Of Current Apple ID
In this step you will be signing out of your current Apple ID on your iPhone
1. From the home screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings.
2. Next, tap on iTunes & App Stores
3. On the next screen, tap on your Apple ID
4. From the pop-up menu that appears, tap on Sign out to sign out of your current Apple ID
Sign in to New Apple ID
1. After you have signed out of your current Apple Id (in step 4 above), tap on the Sign in link
2. Sign into your new Apple ID by entering your login details
3. Once you sign in you will see a pop-up informing you that you need to review your Apple ID since it has never been used in the App Store before. On this pop up tap on Review
4. On the next screen, make sure that the country you want is selected and tap on Next
5. Now you will be taken to the Terms and Conditions page, read over the terms and then tap on Agree to confirm that you do agree to the terms and conditions.
6. On the next screen Select payment info as None
7. On the same screen you will be required to enter in a shipping address and phone number
Note: You can enter your current Phone number. However, the shipping address needs to be an address from the country that you have chosen. (US address for US App Store, Canadian Address for Canadian App Store).
8. After entering shipping address and phone number, tap on Next.
That will be it, you will see a message from Apple confirming that you can now start shopping on the App Store for the country that you selected.
Switching Between Different App Stores
From now on you can switch between the two App Stores by just signing out of your current Apple ID and then signing into your new Apple ID associated with the App Store of your chosen country.
1. From the home screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings
2. Tap on iTunes & App Store
3. Next, tap on your Apple ID.
4. From the popup that appears, tap on Sign out
5. Now, tap on the Sign in link and sign into your New Apple ID.