Microsoft makes it really easy to create Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive using Media Creation Tool as available on its download site.
Create Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive
All that is required to Create Bootable Windows 10 USB drive is download the Media Creation Tool as available on Microsoft’s download site and run the tool on your computer.
Also, you will need a USB Flash drive that is totally empty so that it does not conflict with anything.
The USB Flash Drive needs to be a minimum of 4 GB capacity for 32-bit version download and 8 GB capacity for 64-bit version download.
Microsoft’s download tool will automatically sense the right version (32-bit or 64-bit) as required for your computer (You can also manually select the required version).
If you are not sure, you can check the bit version of your computer: How to Check if Your computer is 32 0r 64-bit.
Steps to Create Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive
Follow the steps below to Create a Bootable USB drive for your computer.
1. Open Chrome or any other web browser on your computer and visit Microsoft’s ISO download site.
2. Once you are on download site, scroll down and click on Download tool now button under Create Windows 10 Installation media section.
3. On the next screen, click on Save to download the Media Creation tool on your computer.
4. Double-click on the downloaded MediaCreationTool.exe File to Run the Media Creation Tool on your computer.
5. On the next screen, click on Accept to Agree to Microsoft’s Terms and conditions.
6. Select Create installation media for another PC option and click on Next.
7. On the next screen, Windows will automatically select the Language, Edition and Architecture as applicable for your computer. Click on Next to move to the next screen.
Note: If you want to make your own selection, uncheck Use the recommended options for this PC and you will be able to select 32-bit version, 64-bit version or both versions.
8. Select USB Flash drive option and click on Next.
Note: The ISO File option allows you to download Windows ISO File on your computer, which you can burn to a DVD later on.
9. On the next screen, select your USB Drive and click on the Next button.
Note: Click on Refresh Drive List link, in case the USB Flash drive is not showing up on this screen.
10. Patiently wait for Windows Media Creation tool to install the required Windows files to the USB Flash Drive.
Once Windows 10 Media Creation Tool has finished doing its job, you will have a Bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive ready for your use.