The sequence or the procedure to Reboot or Hard Reset iPhone X is different, compared to the earlier versions of iPhone. You will find below two different methods to Reboot iPhone X.
Hard Reset or Reboot iPhone X
The centrally located Home Button has been an integral part of iPhone, allowing users to Wake up iPhone, Return Back to Home screen, Force Restart iPhone and perform other common tasks.
Starting with iPhone 7, Apple replaced the Home button with a non-moving version, which simulated the click action with a tactile response.
This resulted in a new procedure to Force Restart iPhone 7, requiring users to Press and Hold both Power and Volume Down buttons for about 10 seconds.
Now in iPhone X, Apple has totally eliminated the Home button, resulting in yet another Method to Reboot your device.
You will find below the steps to Hard Reset iPhone X using the physical Buttons on iPhone and also the steps to Reboot iPhone X, without using any buttons.
1. Hard Reset or Reboot iPhone X Using Buttons
1. Press the Volume Up button on your iPhone and quickly release it. Next, press the Volume Down button and quickly release it.
2. Now, press and hold the Side button (Power button), until your iPhone starts with Apple logo.
The above steps can be used to fix an iPhone that is freezing, becoming unresponsive, glitchy or not running as expected.
2. Hard Reset or Reboot iPhone X Without Using Buttons
It is possible to Reboot iPhone X, without using physical buttons by enabling the AssistiveTouch option and using the AssistiveTouch virtual button to Reboot iPhone X.
2.1 Enable AssistiveTouch Option on iPhone
1. Open Settings on your iPhone, scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
2. On the Accessibility screen, scroll down and tap on Touch option located under “Physical & Motor” section.
3. Next, tap on AssistiveTouch and Toggle on AssistiveTouch option.
Once you enable AssistiveTouch option, you will immediately see a Virtual AssistiveTouch button appearing on the screen of your iPhone.
2.2 Reboot iPhone X Using AssistiveTouch Button
Once Assistive Touch Button is available, you can follow the steps below to Reboot iPhone X, using the Assistive Touch Button.
1. Tap on the AssistiveTouch button located on the Home Screen of your iPhone.
2. In the Accessibility menu that appears, tap on the Device option.
3. In the Device Menu, tap on the More option.
4. In the More Menu, tap on the Restart option.
You have successfully rebooted iPhone X, without using the physical button on your device.