This guide assumes that you already have a System Image Backup of your computer on an external drive and want to Restore Windows 10 Computer using System Image.
Restore Windows 10 Computer Using System Image
If the hard disk of your computer crashes, you will have to install Windows 10 from scratch, install back all the programs and get back all your files, photos and data (if a backup is available).
However, you do not have to go through all these steps, if you had made a System Image Backup of your computer.
A System Image Backup includes all your Files, Photos, Programs, Operating system files, Settings and almost everything as available on your computer.
The steps to restore Windows 10 Computer Using System Image will depend on whether you are able to login to the computer or not.
1. Restore Windows 10 Computer Using System Image While Logged In
In this case, you are already logged into your computer and want to Restore Windows 10 using System Image, in order to recover certain deleted files or undo recent changes made on your computer.
1. First make sure that the External Drive containing the System Image Backup of your computer is connected to your computer.
2. Next, click on the Start button > Settings Icon.
3. On the Settings screen, click on Update & Security option.
4. On the next screen, click on Recovery in the side left pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Restart Now button located under Advanced Startup section.
5. Once your computer Restarts, click on the Troubleshoot option.
6. On the next screen, click on Advanced options.
7. On the Advanced options screen, click on System Image Recovery option.
8. Wait for your Computer to Restart and begin the process of preparing System Image Recovery
9. When prompted, click on your Account Name, Enter your Account Password and click on Continue.
10. Next, your Computer will automatically locate the latest System Image. Click on Next to move to the next screen.
11. On the next screen, you will see information about the System Image being used for Recovery of your computer. click on the Finish button to Restore your Computer from the selected system image.
1. Restore Windows 10 Computer Using System Image While Not Logged In
If your computer is not at all booting up, you will need a bootable Windows 10 USB Drive to boot your computer from USB drive.
Once your computer boots up, you will be able to access the option to Restore Windows 10 using a System Image from Advanced Startup screen.
Shutdown your computer (if it is ON) and follow the steps below to Boot Windows 10 from USB drive.
1. Insert Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive into the USB Port of your computer.
2. Press the Power button to start your computer.
Note: You may have to Enable USB Boot in BIOS, if your computer is not booting up from USB Drive.
3. Once your computer boots, click on Repair this computer option located at the bottom left corner of Windows Setup screen.
4. Next, click on Troubleshoot > Advanced options. > System Image Recovery
5. Follow the next set of onscreen prompts to Restore your Windows 10 computer using System Image.