If WhatsApp is not saving Photos to iPhone and you are seeing “Can’t save Photos to Camera Roll” message, you will find below the steps to fix the problem of WhatsApp Photos Not Saving on iPhone.
WhatsApp Photos Not Saving on iPhone
By default, all incoming WhatsApp Photos and Videos are saved to the Camera Roll on iPhone.
This arrangement works well for most users who like to see all incoming WhatsApp Photos and Videos being automatically downloaded and saved to the Camera Roll on iPhone.
If WhatsApp Photos are not saving on iPhone, it is likely that you may have accidentally disabled ‘Save to Camera Roll’ option for WhatsApp Images on your device.
The Problem of WhatsApp not saving photos and videos to iPhone could also be due to privacy settings for WhatsApp on your device.
So, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to fix the problem of WhatsApp Photos Not Saving on iPhone.
1. Provide WhatsApp with Access to Photos App on iPhone
WhatsApp won’t be able to save Photos to iPhone, if the privacy settings on your device are set to prevent WhatsApp from accessing Photos on your iPhone.
You may have enabled this setting unknowingly by tapping on ‘Don’t Allow’ option, when you were prompted to ‘Allow’ or ‘Disallow’ WhatsApp from accessing the Photos App.
Hence, follow the steps below to make sure that the privacy settings on your iPhone are configured to provide WhatsApp with access to the Photos App on your device.
1. Open Setting on your iPhone or iPad.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Privacy.
3. On the Privacy screen, tap on Photos.
4. On the Photos screen, tap on WhatsApp.
5. On the next screen, tap on Read and Write option.
Now that WhatsApp has access to the Photos App, you should be able to manually download and Save WhatsApp Photos to iPhone.
2. Allow WhatsApp to Automatically Save Photos to iPhone
This extra step is required to make WhatsApp automatically download and save Photos to iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the Settings tab in bottom menu.
2. On WhatsApp Settings screen, tap on Chats option.
3. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Save Incoming Media to ON position.
4. Quit WhatsApp and re-launch the App on your iPhone.
After this, you can ask any of your Contacts to send you a Photo and see if it gets saved to the Camera Roll on your iPhone.
If these solutions do not work, it is possible that the installation of WhatsApp on your iPhone has become glitchy or corrupted.
During the re-install process, make sure that you tap on the ‘Allow‘ option, when WhatsApp prompts you to grant the permission to access photos on your device.